• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hello Pacific, how are you folks doing?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Just dropping in to say hello. No recruiting for Siege here... You will come when you are ready. *winks*

Tell me about your shard. Who is who? I am especially interested in how you think the forum is going. Slow? Trolls? Talk to me.

D

Duke X. Winter

I think we honestly need a moderator in these forums. No offense meant to anyone here, but there's been far too much:

- accusing people of cheating
- foul language
- openly insulting peoples characters (as in moral characters, not UO characters)

Etc.

We need a moderator here. A thick skin shouldn't be a requirement to read/post in these forums, yet, it seems we have to have one.

As far as who is who on the shard...that's a pretty broad subject.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I honestly do not know.

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have started to promote and am trying to revive roleplaying on Pacific and using these forums and other forums, pacific.uocommunity.com and other places to use for roleplaying.... But the community of Pacific is absolute garbage, constant flames, ranting, trash talk, insults, drama and backstabbing takes place on Pacific and it does not end.... Pacific use to be great, but has turned into the hell hole of UO, even on these forums..

Also, I would like to have a UO NEW REPORTER for stratics.. I would do it, but I do not know HTML..

Pink Floyd

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How time consuming is it? I'd do it if it didn't take too much away from my oh so busy day!

B

Balian of Asgard

Sheridan has retired. Temporarily, or not...
oh that sucks, (can i use that word?)
I really liked sheridan even tho i have been stam blocked by her invisible arse at yew so many times hehe

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello!

Kelmo asked me to pop in for a Q&A on shard reporting.

We are currently looking for more volunteers for reporting news on Pacific.

As a volunteer we ask that you:

* Be a competent writer
* Be an active, knowledgeable member of the Pacific community
* Be willing to attend events and quests, interview VIPs, report news of interest to the community
* Be able to dedicate a minimum of three hours per week to writing and/or posting news items
* Have a familiarity with basic HTML
* Be pro-active

If you feel this is something that interests you and would like an application please PM me and we'll get started!

Airmid

M

mutau

I have started to promote and am trying to revive roleplaying on Pacific and using these forums and other forums, pacific.uocommunity.com and other places to use for roleplaying.... But the community of Pacific is absolute garbage, constant flames, ranting, trash talk, insults, drama and backstabbing takes place on Pacific and it does not end.... Pacific use to be great, but has turned into the hell hole of UO, even on these forums..
Hm.... interesting. We could revert to what we were prior to the newer forums, without the humor that the forums now have ......... absolutely DEAD. There were stretches of quarters where NOT ONE single post was EVER made. Why? Nothing is/was done on this shard. And that still is true today.

The ONLY thing that has revived is Factions. Yes, WRR has become the guerrilla of the game in respects to providing events/games/auctions. And they do a damn good job. But aside from them, NOTHING happens on Pacific.

So right now, we are having a VERY good revival of factions. If you made a Pacific Guildwar / Factions board for our current posters to post on, the main Pacific board would look exactly like what it was formally, absolutely nothing but past posts that are 6 -8+ months old.

I like reading whats going on here, personally. If you don't know the characters in the plot, or the plot, you would see that it might be stressfull here. But not everyone sees this has as bad but rather as a Soap that has a lot of great screenshots of what part of our game is played for, the total FEL scene.

I don't think that this shard/forum is garbage. And sorry, but please don't lump everyone in that assumption. Doing that would be incredibly unfair to everyone else.

One thing to keep in mind. Roleplaying isn't the ONLY thing that goes on here. Just because there are deaths and murder ingame doesn't mean that its bad. Think of the red guy in Yew as a different type of role player and you'll see a whole different side of UO.

Also, Kelmo, in my opinion, the moderator for this forum should be open minded with some humor. Not someone who will say that the entire shard has gone hell in a basket and wants to police it. We have guys who do that ingame already. They are the one who stealth around looking for scripters. I don't think this forum needs that much zeal.

Sorry for the long post. Thanks for the passion tho. Its good to see that here. And i mean that to EVERYONE, even the guys who are PVPers and Faction.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Not at all... it was an interesting take, mutau.

Thank you, AirmidCecht. That was exactly the info I was hoping for.

My opinion on being a Stratics staffer is one of community service. It is about your community, whether as a reporter or moderating.

Reporters have a lot of freedom to pass along information and fun stuff. Moderators also have some freedom to do fun things. We do more than lock threads.

The staff must be able to have separation between the game and the forums. What happens to you personally in game can not affect how you do the job on Stratics. *whispers* (Though we get accused of it)

I find that good reporters and strong fair mods make for a more vibrant and entertaining shard forum. These folks have to be a part of the community in my humble opinion. Willing to work to make their part of UO Stratics a fun place to participate in.

Lyconis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, I would like to have a UO NEW REPORTER for stratics.. I would do it, but I do not know HTML..
Velvathos

If you write the stories I'll do the page layouts and image fixings.

Do stratics reporters get a file dump to post images to?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Velvathos

If you write the stories I'll do the page layouts and image fixings.

Do stratics reporters get a file dump to post images to?
Send a PM to Airmid... She will have those answers.

Trust me, we at Stratics care but the community must care for it's self. I am just here to try and help. Airmid and Mags too.

You do not want strangers as mods and reporters. The best solution is that they come from you, the Pacific Shard.