• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hello from a Baja Resident 7 years ago....

J

JT/

Hi guys, I'm surprised and grateful that these forums, much less Ultima Online, still exist! No doubt the player base has changed throughout these years, and I'm certain most readers don't know who I am; I'll explain later for those of you who care and read that far! However, I'm posting for that .01% chance that there may be some long time UO players hanging around!

I'm also lurking around these forums because this game revolutionized online gaming. Over a decade ago, when UO first arrived (anyone remember 28.8k modems?), there were no other MMOs remotely comparable to the vast world, diverse economic system and character customization that Ultima Online offered. One of my fondest game memories was starting off with 100g, maybe 3 of each reagent, and venturing, on foot (Horse were considered a luxury item) to Dungeon Despise. Having to save reagents to cast nightsight, fighting off giant rats, discovering FIFTY GOLD in a treasure chest felt like a true adventure....even when my pals and I got mercilessly PKed by one guy casting Energy Bolt(basically, being able to cast EB back then was the equivalent of flying a rocket while everyone else built paper airplanes).

Aside from that adventure, there were many other exciting in-game/tedious moments: Having to log on and check your house every other day so it wouldn't decay, house keys which could be lost/stolen, tents used as housing, house camping, traveling to Dungeon Deceit by boat, Server Wars, Platemail and Hally, Dread Lord/Great Lord titles, all the way to moonstones, Trammel, 24 hr Sigil Guarding to Powerscrolls ...... the list is endless. I left UO during the Power Scroll/Harrower Era and can only imagine what has changed in the past 7 years....

Well, I could write a whole essay on this game, but I'd rather give some shoutouts from the past, to all the friends, enemies and other personalities that made UO what it was. Any of you guys still around?:

-Guilds:

SI, Cartel, M&D, M!S, KoK, B!S, Royal Council...I'd also like to know what happened to the guild I was in before leaving, SLT. Of course there were the legendary guilds such as LOD, but I didn't play during that Era, unfortunately.

-People..yea, my bad if I miss a lot, been a longggggg time!:

THE BAT, Anonymous, Maj (!), Maj's rl buddy (forgot your name!), Croc, Croc's buddy, Scene, Jeremy, Harvy, Aiglos, Deadman, Amalacon, Ashen or that guy who used to hang around Deadman, 2Pac, Goldie Loc, Philoteus, ROBINHOOD, Tiffany, Deuce, Manticore, Leris, Justice, Mirage, Tubo/Madmax, Scrooge, Warrlender, SIR Thomas, Return of Sith, Ozzymandis, MAXIMUS, Marcus Garvey, Zhuge, Damascus, Oscar, Knightsodyssey, KO's buddy(forgot name), Dirty Love, Norega, all those Nunjelm people, Twisted Dreams, The Miner, Guardgonewrong, Guardgonewrong's friend ..... wish I still had my ICQ list...

-Enemies/Rivals:

Maj (again!) even though we chilled on ICQ after owning each other, Cypher SI, Archangel, SixUnder, Soulless ("owned 1v1"), Mindz, Napolean, Ron Fellows, Magic Nookie, Super Ken from Cartel, BlackPeter,that SI dude who always wore all black with a black wizard hat, Jude even though you eventually joined my guild for 2 days, all those B!S members who had an endless supply of wands, Wario, Cymendi (think that was your name!), Emmi Star, forgetting a ton of people..

-Establishments:

Manticore's Artifact/Rare Item Museum, Skymall!, Luna Mall, Dawn, Avalon.

Regardless if I hear back, hope things are going well for you guys!

For all the current players who have no idea who I am:

I basically played UO for years, quit around 7 years ago, recently saw a video someone (Cicada..name sounds familiar) loaded of my character, and was drawn back to revisiting these forums in search of people.... I managed to win some GM hosted dueling tournament with my buddy Majestic Man. Before quitting, several friends and I formed a guild named SLT, and had some fun fights with Cartel/SI. I used to frequent these forums with pvp nonsense, though I've noticed everything is more civil now (for the better! : ) ).

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Many years ago I stood with the Knights of Virtue KTV and with Lance Marshall, Sir Guildies and many others. Ron Fellows also is known to me and many tho not all the names and Guilds you mention. Manticore remains among us as does Soulless, Super Ken and others.

I am Elladan, Legendary Paladin of Trinsic.

Look forward to renewing our acquaintance.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey, what's up JT.

Lots of players have moved on, but there are still some vets with us in Cartel.

Funny thing is, I hadn't read this thread yet but we were just talking about you guys last night in Vent.

We had some really fun fights. Thanks for stopping by!

Lavits

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello JT, I know what your saying about the way UO has changed. I played in the Era of LoD and actually remember the the fights between them and the guild I was in DJ's those were the days. I have of course like most people stopped playing for awhile and coming back to UO things have changed. Like most of my rune books being outdated since you cannot recall in and out of Fel dungeons anymore. I need to stop now or im gonna start rambling anyways if your playing again welcome back

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Talk about a voice from the past. Glad to hear you are still lurking around. There are a few of us old timers still around. Frodo armor/wep repairs in Brit. Robert the First and Paul former members of mAn.

S

Sephiroth_BTH

warr still plays i think, uhhh Maximus plays on a different shard last time i heard but that was awhile ago. GGW is long gone but i think i can still contact him

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi guys, I'm surprised and grateful that these forums, much less Ultima Online, still exist! No doubt the player base has changed throughout these years, and I'm certain most readers don't know who I am; I'll explain later for those of you who care and read that far! However, I'm posting for that .01% chance that there may be some long time UO players hanging around!

I'm also lurking around these forums because this game revolutionized online gaming. Over a decade ago, when UO first arrived (anyone remember 28.8k modems?), there were no other MMOs remotely comparable to the vast world, diverse economic system and character customization that Ultima Online offered. One of my fondest game memories was starting off with 100g, maybe 3 of each reagent, and venturing, on foot (Horse were considered a luxury item) to Dungeon Despise. Having to save reagents to cast nightsight, fighting off giant rats, discovering FIFTY GOLD in a treasure chest felt like a true adventure....even when my pals and I got mercilessly PKed by one guy casting Energy Bolt(basically, being able to cast EB back then was the equivalent of flying a rocket while everyone else built paper airplanes).

Aside from that adventure, there were many other exciting in-game/tedious moments: Having to log on and check your house every other day so it wouldn't decay, house keys which could be lost/stolen, tents used as housing, house camping, traveling to Dungeon Deceit by boat, Server Wars, Platemail and Hally, Dread Lord/Great Lord titles, all the way to moonstones, Trammel, 24 hr Sigil Guarding to Powerscrolls ...... the list is endless. I left UO during the Power Scroll/Harrower Era and can only imagine what has changed in the past 7 years....

Well, I could write a whole essay on this game, but I'd rather give some shoutouts from the past, to all the friends, enemies and other personalities that made UO what it was. Any of you guys still around?:

-Guilds:

SI, Cartel, M&D, M!S, KoK, B!S, Royal Council...I'd also like to know what happened to the guild I was in before leaving, SLT. Of course there were the legendary guilds such as LOD, but I didn't play during that Era, unfortunately.

THE BAT, Anonymous, Maj (!), Maj's rl buddy (forgot your name!), Croc, Croc's buddy, Scene, Jeremy, Harvy, Aiglos, Deadman, Amalacon, Ashen or that guy who used to hang around Deadman, 2Pac, Goldie Loc, Philoteus, ROBINHOOD, Tiffany, Deuce, Manticore, Leris, Justice, Mirage, Tubo/Madmax, Scrooge, Warrlender, SIR Thomas, Return of Sith, Ozzymandis, MAXIMUS, Marcus Garvey, Zhuge, Damascus, Oscar, Knightsodyssey, KO's buddy(forgot name), Dirty Love, Norega, all those Nunjelm people, Twisted Dreams, The Miner, Guardgonewrong, Guardgonewrong's friend ..... wish I still had my ICQ list...

-Enemies/Rivals:

Maj (again!) even though we chilled on ICQ after owning each other, Cypher SI, Archangel, SixUnder, Soulless ("owned 1v1"), Mindz, Napolean, Ron Fellows, Magic Nookie, Super Ken from Cartel, BlackPeter,that SI dude who always wore all black with a black wizard hat, Jude even though you eventually joined my guild for 2 days, all those B!S members who had an endless supply of wands, Wario, Cymendi (think that was your name!), Emmi Star, forgetting a ton of people..

-Establishments:

I basically played UO for years, quit around 7 years ago, recently saw a video someone (Cicada..name sounds familiar) loaded of my character, and was drawn back to revisiting these forums in search of people.... I managed to win some GM hosted dueling tournament with my buddy Majestic Man. Before quitting, several friends and I formed a guild named SLT, and had some fun fights with Cartel/SI. I used to frequent these forums with pvp nonsense, though I've noticed everything is more civil now (for the better! : ) ).
sup JT, good to see ya:thumbup:

J

justice NME

JT you need to come back we are restarting
Mirage skeek kaz anniliate and myself

O

Orphan

warr still plays i think, uhhh Maximus plays on a different shard last time i heard but that was awhile ago. GGW is long gone but i think i can still contact him
Hey JT. Yeah, Max still plays, on Great Lakes last I seen, he took KTFO over there, and made your JT account into a Doom farmer (when doom was still worth farming).

Anywho, kinda sad to see I'm not in that list :(

I was The Easter Bunny.

G

GGW - Nate

<--- GGW =) I pulled this up totally on accident on google and thought I would look into it. Been a LONG time. JT - last time I played UO I had the guild sigil for SLT. So I still had a person in the guild to keep it going. Where it is now who knows. If anyone wants to get back in touch I would love to play again some day. Not sure when I would have the time but I miss all the good times we had. I miss Polehamr and all those crazy bastards lol. Good times.

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
The Kingdom of Dawn is still around and active.

Avalon still has a few buildings standing but is mostly inactive.

WildStar

Noble Beast

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I worked with Cymidei Fier & the Dark Tower briefly before meet Nicholas the Old (rest his soul, *winks* I miss that kind man before his alteration.) I will post her reply & last ceremony for both us before moving to Siege Perilous forever. I miss my semi-RP & straight gamer friends a lot. I hope that all of you are as happy as always! That is why I love my first home - Baja. *smiles affectionately*

This ceremony was only for HearthFire Villagers before our departure for Siege.

Letter from Cymidei Fier
"I have received your request and I have the means by which to do what you have asked of me. Know that there is always a price to be paid when asking for the help of the Mistress of the Dark Tower.
The price will not be disclosed until the Hour of Resurrection.

Preparations must be made for the ritual and for the difficulties we must overcome. Heart Fire village and it's people must be cleansed of all things that are unclean, every fire and lamp is to be lit, pure lilies and flowers must be placed throughout the village. I shall require use of a stone ankh. No enemy or unclean spirit is to be allowed inside the village and there is to be no bloodshed.

Assemble your people in the Temple on the appointed day clothed in pure white Robes of Life. If they cannot wear Robes of Life, then they must be dressed in white linen spun in the village. All who have love for the Village must be present bearing in hand a torch or candle. At the appointed hour I will come and it shall be done."

Sincerely,
Lady Cymidei Fier
Mistress of the Dark Tower​
"Hell is empty and all the devils are here" Shakespeare

Baja † Mistress of the Dark Tower
HearthFire Amazons Adore You Cymidei Fier Mistress of Dark Tower & Lady of Wind!

Cypher2

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi JT

Always nice to hear a voice from the past. SI is still around and we still get 'returning' players from that by-gone era. Sadly, most don't seem to stay for more then a month or so before they fade into the mist. Baja is a much quieter shard now with pretty much just SI and Cartel playing in Fel.

Cheers.

Cypher, CEO Spawners Inc

Dig

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello JT,

I think I've been gone a little longer then you have. Its good to see people drop by once in a while. I only have a few screenshots left from those days. Sadly, two hard drives of images where accidentally recycled several years back. Lots of good memories there.

I still have great memories of the pre-trammel period and of course the good run factions had. I did get a chuckle out of the fiction written by some well known guilds from that era when I goggled it the other day. I'd hate to add up the hours spent chasing people around. I'd do it again. I did find an old screenshot of LOD, this had to be first few months of factions. It's amazing I still remember this fight.

We should try and make an archive of those experiences and images if people still have them.

Digitalis

Boy-Baja

Visitor
I was in LoD and many of the anti LoD guilds as well. What's the population like on baja these days. I've been playing free shards like uo demise thinking about coming back to pay uo and check it out. Anyone still on?

Hey, JT I use to play During all those times and remember all those guilds. I played TF-Shadow Lord or EnTeR SaNdMaN. Good to see your doing ok.

Lindae Lives

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(I'm reinstalling UO right now and will report back on the health of the PvP community, because I am a master PvPer, who has won many battles, with my ass)

Just adding on to this 6 year old thread... Kicking around the idea of loading up UO again.

I used to play as Deltha of [M] and waaaaaay long ago as Sir Maximus of DJs.

I played a lot with my brother, Pestilence Rat / MaStErMaJ and a few others I remember and didn't see on JT's list: Ariak, Insidious, IceCold, Sir LionHeart, Mike (M&D), Retro, Silly-Boy, Old.dirtybastard, Don Knotts, durran, and that's about it that I can remember.

Thebat

Visitor
Wow! To bad this thread is super old. Maybe you'll randomly come back to check it 6 years later..... but hey JT!

My mom still plays UO and noticed this thread. Small world. :)

This is The Bat, and an honor to be the first on your list. Haha

Hope all is well!

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow! To bad this thread is super old. Maybe you'll randomly come back to check it 6 years later..... but hey JT!

My mom still plays UO and noticed this thread. Small world. :)

This is The Bat, and an honor to be the first on your list. Haha

Hope all is well!
And your mother is?

Wild Thing

Visitor
Hello JT!
I just reactivated my account about a week ago. I'm not sure you remember me, but you had my son Marcus Garvey on your list. The two of you played together a lot back in the day. You may also remember Mabo, Martha Stewart, Justbecause, McNasty, Autumn Wind, or Hellfirex. We all played together around that time. So cool to see your post because we were just talking about you (and many other players we remembered) the other day when I logged in after about ten years lol!

Marcus Garvey says "what up JT....its been a long time"

If anyone else remembers Wild Thing ...I'm Back!!!

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Just adding on to this 6 year old thread... Kicking around the idea of loading up UO again.

I used to play as Deltha of [M] and waaaaaay long ago as Sir Maximus of DJs.

I played a lot with my brother, Pestilence Rat / MaStErMaJ and a few others I remember and didn't see on JT's list: Ariak, Insidious, IceCold, Sir LionHeart, Mike (M&D), Retro, Silly-Boy, Old.dirtybastard, Don Knotts, durran, and that's about it that I can remember.
Is MaStErMaJ the same person as Mini Maj?

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Why do people keep bumping this like they're replying/talking to JT? This thread was started by JT in 2011 and he hasn't replied to it since rofl. This **** is 5 years old lmao

-Guilds:

-Enemies/Rivals:

-Establishments:

Did i get to this thread too late?

owned lvl
Soulless.

HI @JT/

I'm assuming you were talking about the videos I uploaded to YT a while back :D -- those were mine when my cousin Ozy and I would practice dueling at the farms.

good times.