• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hello friends!

• Thread starter Sheriff Tricky
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

Sheriff Tricky

Well hello everybody that remembers this yellow duck...

Much has happened since the last time I posted on here, which is I don't remember when...sorry!

Well first and foremost the good news. I am now an orange belt in karate. This means two belts in less than a year, WOOT!

Now for the bad news. I was a victim of the economic downturn and was laid off from my last teaching job after being told I was safe. Basically what happened was the outgoing superintendent had set it all up so that I would be safe and had a job. I was like sweet when my principal told me, and I was all excited. Well apparently my principal has no backbone and one week later, he told me I was losing my job since the board wanted to cut one English teacher from our jr/sr high as part of the 2 FTE (meaning full time equivelent for all you nonteachery people out there). So they esentially cut my psoition and then cut a social studies job by 50%, cut another English teacher by 25% (this was voluntary), and our home ec teacher by 25%. That is how they took out two teachers in our building. The reason I say my principal has no backbone is because one of the teachers effected by all the moving was being taken out of the English classroom and put into the in school suspension room. Since she didn't like that and is tenured, she grieved it with the union. Therefore, Eric was out of a job.

The good news with that though. I fofficially have a new job in a much better school district, with a much higher salary, and a lot more options. I am moving further north into the snowier country of New York State. I will be living near Watertown, NY. This is about an hour to an hour and a half south of the Canadian border and teaching in a town called Carthage. This job will put me back as an 8th grade ELA teacher, which is exactly where I want to be and has me working with a lot of military families since the school district has a majority of the Fort Drum families in it.

Well I have to get back to packing and figuring out where and how I am going to organize this apartment so I can move into my new one that gets to look over Lake Ontario everyday!:danceb:

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like everything worked out for the better! Your posts still make me wish I had a red pen, though! LOL

Good to see you again, Ducky. I'm still exactly where I was before, but the kid graduated and just finished BT with the AF.

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Eric! Orange belt, no messin with that..haha So you aren't working at the winery part time anymore then? Assuming as you will be in Watertown. That's great though that you got another job right away. Teaching jobs around here are very tough to get into right now. Well, any job is tough to come by now..hehe

I still play TT, more of less on Sunday only anymore. I'm still at the same job, except only working every Wednesday. Work is still slow currently, in our "busy season". I'm sure the winter months are just going to be thriving with house building..haha I've still got my eye on the people greeter position at Wal-Mart though if all else fails! :dunce:

Enjoy the view of the Ontario. When I was younger we were up there and I remember going to the lake. It was near the airport which I think is considered Black River Bay. You might want to invest in some 4x4 wheels if you don't have any, the winter will be a treat I'm sure!

S

soupandquackers

Glad to see things are going well for you. I still have your mcboo on my friends list in case you ever fell the need to fight some cogs again.

L

Little Sadie

Sounds like things worked out for the best for you Eric! The apartment over the lake sounds awesome. Good luck in your new postion and congratz on that orange belt. That is a great feat to get two belts in one year! WTG!:thumbsup:

C

Crazy Fireball

Hey Eric! Orange belt, no messin with that..haha So you aren't working at the winery part time anymore then? Assuming as you will be in Watertown. That's great though that you got another job right away. Teaching jobs around here are very tough to get into right now. Well, any job is tough to come by now..hehe
If he did fight with ya i think its considered as his hands a deadly wepon, i think

Anyway good luck with your new teaching job ;)