• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hello Europa!

• Thread starter Luna du Selene
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
L

Luna du Selene

I play on Lake Superior and am known mostly as Luna. *smiles and waves* I live in Florida, USA.

I and 3-5 chronologically mature (heh) friends are tentatively planning a trip
to Ireland, March 2009. We're thinking of starting in Dublin and heading south. We'll probably arrive on a Sunday and depart the following Saturday.

I was wondering if any kind Irish folk could clue me in to what's not to miss while we're in your lovely country. Yes, we have guide books, but we'd like to know what the locals like to do and see :) Of course, we plan to visit many pubs along the way ;)

Much appreciation for any thoughts you send our way!

P

Paidric

I made a tour of the whole ireland and I think what I liked the most was the different landscapes. It's a very beautiful country! I wouldn't have liked staying in one region though, so many places to see :)

Sadly I can't remember any names cause I have no memory for names, but I remember well some like the conemara (or whatever it is spelled), the hills covered with small stones (with many neolithic structures), the old religious stone places, the site with many of those hill-tombs and so many other places :)

I haven't been really interested in the historical buildings (like castles or such), though as an european I have seen many :) Maybe Americans will enjoy more seeing things that are more than 200 years old!

I recommend visiting the Jameson distillery aswell :)

Have fun there, very nice people!

L

Luna du Selene

Thanks for the responses... I'm sure we'll visit some stony places and at least one castle and I'm definitely adding the Jameson distillery to the agenda... hope they give samples :)

B

Birdseye

Come over the big river and enjoy the delights of England.:pint:

No offence to IRL, but if you really want a great time you can't beat England. I've let my passport expire, and have no intention of renewing it, any time soon.:thumbsup:

Home of the Pilgrim fathers. And in my home town (Doncaster), direct decendants to George Washington, Robin Hood, and Jive Bunny! (google it!):dunce:

Cu,cu,cu,come,on, everybody!:danceb:

And you will never (EVER) feel the immence disappointment, of seing just how small Stone Henge actually is.

P.S. Bring a stab proof vest. We appear to be having a bit of bother with knfe crime at the moment.