• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hello Again...

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was just passing by and got a little UO curious. I have been away a good long time now but still keep a few accounts active. I still love the old girl. I would like to hear from some active players. Hows the game feeling these days? Over the past 6 years, turning to fine wine or to vinegar?

Last edited:

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was just passing by and got a little UO curious. I have been away a good long time now but still keep a few accounts active. I still love the old girl. I would like to hear from some active players. Hows the game feeling these days? Over the past 6 years, turning to fine wine or to vinegar?

i would say that's probably a mixed bag of responses. personally for me, i guess i'm playing the part of the "grumpy ole' fart" and would tell you that i prefer the last expansion with Mondains Legacy (as far as the ruleset goes) . On the surface for me, the DEVS have meddled far to much in systems that were in place already. I would be cool myself if things were just added. but the new taming system (animal training) is definitly NOT my cup of tea, and rather angered me. and having the option to ask an NPC to rez a pet only diminishes a tamer's role. and the INSANELY overpowered stats on weapons and armor (that drop on mobs) just make the "true" arties less valuable and important. I could go on and on, but i haven't found a soapbox tall enough for me yet. In short though, with so many changes that i despise, Ultima Online is still a better product than any other MMO that I have ever played so far. . . and i've played a few. ... so has it aged like wine? .... well, i would say kinda like this: "Its aged like wine, sure ... but then, even though it has a delightful taste, you soon realize that it's the crappy non-alcoholic wine" .

In the words of Wayne and Garth: "Game on! "

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am keeping your fountains stocked. I think anyways. I play a bit from time to time. Pirate hunting and treasure maps as always. so the events for this year were in my wheel house.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@zamot You didnt happen to get my Davies's locker out of my smith before it fell did you? I want to do some tmaps but all I have are the low lvl maps in the other house I kept. 480 stashes :(

Last edited:

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They screwed up the bamboo tiles.. now I fall through the floor because my half floor doesn't load fast enough when i hit the steps. grrr devs why do you mess up all the fun housing stuff? *logoff*

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh I found the option to enable house contents! Wow that was thoughtful.

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No I did not know your smith house fell. I have several maps in Gretchens house. Davies locker. Help yourself to them I do believe you are still friended

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@zamot You didnt happen to get my Davies's locker out of my smith before it fell did you? I want to do some tmaps but all I have are the low lvl maps in the other house I kept. 480 stashes :(
And yes quite a few of your characters are still listed as friends. Dutchman is on there so help yourself to the maps

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No I did not know your smith house fell. I have several maps in Gretchens house. Davies locker. Help yourself to them I do believe you are still friended
I had 6 accounts going and cut them down to 3. Both houses behind the castle fell and the fishing shack. I hated to let them go. Devs have tightened up the fun bugs in the housing system and they can no longer be designed the way they were. Thanks for the maps. Ill give it a try if I can remember where you live.