• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hello again Atlantic

Tanis-Atlantic Shard

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
It's been a long time since I've been here wow. I was watching a stream on Twitch of Ultima Online so I had to come say hi! I played Tanis from the Trinsic Rangers among other chars on Atlantic for quite a long time and had half the notion of making a return. I see there's a lot of old players still around, it amazes me this game is still going!

Venora Rhyse

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Since I've returned (just this year) I've noticed others returning too and even some brand new players to the game so it's pretty nice to see! So you won't be alone if you do return lol. Welcome back to UO if you do return tho!! :D

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Well your gear would be out dated but there are alot of players that would get you a starter suit most likely for free
A Tram or Malas home may take some doing, but you could place a nice plot somewhere in Fel right quick.
Use the General chat, & UO guide, You have this forum so thats a great start already
You still need to be cautious, there are some players that are not always honest, so choose a guild wisely
Talk to Vadie he is the Co GM of HHYC and recruiter of the Crux Guards
Then there is our EM Moderators that hold Events, Like King Blackthorns Council meeting at the end of the month with the New Governors system
Heck just log and and see
I think I may have some kinda of item with your name on it. It does sound familiar

Venora Rhyse

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Well one thing to consider is that whatever you do have on your account may be rare now, so you can earn some gold that way. To get an idea of pricing you can check out the Search UO site (ignore the irl $ stuff tho) for items you think you might've had on your account (old deco and weapons/armor and even jewelry are collectables now). Or check out the rares forum here at Stratics. It won't be easy to build back up, but it will give you a chance to get used to all the changes since you've been gone so that's one good thing.

If you want to check things out before fully deciding to activate your account, you can try the 14 day free trial on a new account on the UO.com website. On another post someone mentioned a discount offer that may be happening this month, or sometime soon, for those wanting to re-open their old accounts to try the game again. So that's another option you can do for checking out the game again.

If you do decide to check out UO you'll see the new player quests and New Haven, depending on how far back you played anyhow. Magincia has also been redone and is now called New Magincia. Oh, there's also a Moongate at Britain bank now too. Those were some of the new changes to me, aside from new skills and lands and such.

Just remember nothing's written in stone :) So if you pay for a month and don't like it then you can always cancel the subscription. If you don't want to tie your credit card to your account to auto renew, you can buy game time through Origin (also on the UO website) for 1, 3, or 6 month increments.

Personally, I'd suggest the 14 day trial so you at least get an idea of how things are and you don't have to pay or enter any credit card info. That's what I did to check things out in game first to see if I really wanted to play more and try to come back.

Whatever you decide tho, it's nice that you came back to say Hi :D