• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Heh.. a story I found.

S

ShotgunGenny

Was diggin' around on my hard drive and found a story I had written quite a while back. I never finished it and I don't intend to but I figured I'd share it with ya. (Don't expect it to be good though..)

<blockquote><hr>

The sound of battle could be heard as Gen walked out of the moongate. Two people could be seen in the distance fighting the lizardmen that roam there. Gen sat down on a log nearby, ignoring the tentacles of a corpser who wanted to have the foolish human for dinner, and watched the two fight the scaled creatures. One of them was a half-crazed tailor equipped with a skinning knife in one hand and a pair of scissors in the other. She didn’t seem to have any problems slaying the lizardfolk, but had a funny way of doing it. She would cut open the lizard man with the knife just enough so she could get the scissors in there and cut off its hide little by little. Not a very pleasant sight, but effective. The other person was a swordsman who wasn’t doing as well as the tailor. His blade was a bit dull and every hit he could make to the lizardman attacking him had little effect. During the battle, the swordsman fumbled his blade and was knocked down by his foe. Gen silently uttered the words ‘An Ex Por’ and paralyzed the lizard before he could deal the finishing blow on his prey. The warrior got back on his feet and ran his sword through the lizardman. With a shout of glee, he grabbed the gold from the corpse and ran off to town. Gen smiled for a moment but began to laugh as he saw the tailor make a mad dash to the fresh lizard corpse and removed its scaly hide.

The town of Haven was as bright as ever. Not much had changed since Gen’s little trip. Not a lot of people in the town, besides the usual vendors trying to make a living, but it was still early in the day. Gen slowly opened the doors to the town bakery as not to startle the woman standing in front of the oven inside. “Apple pie with a hint of Ginseng, right?” The woman turned from the oven and faced her speaker. “Gen! You always had a nose for pies.” Gen smiled and motioned at a small piece of paper on the counter. “I see you got my message. You got everything?” The woman grabbed a pouch underneath the counter and handed it to Gen. “The first things on the list were actually easy to get… Getting some cider from the tavern near the docks was a bit of a problem but I got it. Some strange man.. A collector he calls himself. He’s drunk nearly everything in there. Surprised he hasn’t drunk the water from the spittoon yet.” Gen laughed for a second but stopped as the woman grabbed his hand. “Been with the savages again, haven’t you?” Gen looked down at his hand and noticed it was still covered in white. He pulled out an oil cloth and began to wipe away the paint. “Got any berries for me this time?” Gen reached into a pocket in his robe and pulled out three blue berries, each about the size of an apple, and tossed them on the counter. “You’ve been gone that long and you only got three? As long as you’ve been gone, you could have killed a whole tribe. What have you been doing?” Gen sighed and said, “Have you ever wondered what it’s like to be a ‘savage‘? You’d be surprised. They only hunt as much as they need, never a surplus of food… They only use as much land as they need, never a bit of wasted or underused land.” The woman butted in, “But what about the invasions a few years ago?” “Mistakes were made.. But that’s history and it shouldn’t happen again.”

<hr></blockquote>

And, that's where it stopped...

D

Dor of Sonoma

Thank you for posting this, Gen. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

I like it very much, and would love to see more. *smiles*

I also like what you did with your place. If you entered it in the Halloween Decor contest, I think it should have won first place! Everytime I pass it, it makes me grin. It's perfect!

(However...if it is a not-so-subtle hint as to Gen's fate, then I think it sucks.) /php-bin/shared/images/icons/tongue.gif

S

ShotgunGenny

<blockquote><hr>

(However...if it is a not-so-subtle hint as to Gen's fate, then I think it sucks.)

<hr></blockquote>

Eh heheh.. it'd be that one.

D

Dor of Sonoma

Seriously?

Are you gone? /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif

Please say it ain't so...

S

ShotgunGenny

I've been gone for a while really. In all honesty, I think I was gone when I changed Gen from the beggar/chef to whatever the hell he became now (and you know how long that's been). I lost the passion after that and here I am now, lurking the boards and not playing.

*shrug*

C

CitizenKane2

I'm sorry to hear that you no longer play UO.

But that is a great story - I enjoyed reading it. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif