• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] Heartwood quests

L

Lantash

I was reading forums up and down after being absent fromUO for good 7 years while lvling my BS :) And I stumbled upon fletching thread saying that heartwood quests can earn runics for them...does that means BS quests there also can earn runic hammers ? if yes up to what runic?
thx

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No, no runics from the smith quests. However, BOD changes (from a few corrections in the code to remove bugs, 110 & 120 smiths getting bonuses to the number of colored armor BODs they receive, and the ability now to immediately request a new BOD on turning in an old one) have made Runics far more accessible than they were prior to 2008.

L

Lantash

So basically it would be wise to save up all the BODs now until I actually hit at least 110 smithing. OR is it more much more beneficial to actually wait till 120 smithing ( including 3 BOD chars for absolute junk iron buyable item BODs )...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Here's the BOD ratios currently:

01-49.9: One BOD an hour, all normal iron
50-69.9: One BOD every 2 hours, all normal iron
70-109.9: One BOD every 6 hours (timer resets on a turn-in); 50% Weapons, 25% Iron Armor, 25% colored armor
110-119.9: 50% weapons, 15% iron armor, 35% colored armor
120: 50% weapons, 5% Iron armor, 45% colored armor