• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hearing Voices

Phoebe Nox

Journeyman
The time of night my fears pop out, knowing everyone close to me is asleep so nobody to talk to. Lightheaded and stomach just feels off, maybe its anxiety. Only a few more hours till daylight, the crickets are my only friend right now. This isn't the first time of experiencing my midnight hour dilemma. Since I was a child, these feelings have been my biggest fears, abandoned by a mother who couldn't just be a mom. For the most part I haven't had these feelings since I was a kid, of just feeling I had no one to talk to like I was the only person on earth, but I knew that wasn't so, just it wasn't a time to be waking everyone with my insecurities. This night however it wasn't like any I had as a child this was different, I had woken up hearing her voice, a voice I hadn't heard since I was a child, yes, I wanted somebody there, when I awoke, but midnight wasn't a time to be knocking on doors for coffee and a visit. I had heard my mother's voice, clear as day. Tossing the blankets off the bed I needed out of this bed, and I needed to find something to busy myself, something to keep my mind off what I guess was just a dream. Oh, I hope those dreams of death do not come back, these I have now of my family are enough especially when it's of my dead family members. But they did help with finding Pappy. Looking across the dark room the window was opened, and the curtains were blowing, seems a storm is coming. Maybe that's what did it, maybe that's what woke me up. Then at that moment, standing in a room of complete darkness I heard it again "Phoebe..." the voice was hers; it was my mother's voice. "Mother" In a soft voice I called her name, "Mother is that you?". How in the world could I hear her voice, quickly looking around the room I saw nobody scuffling to the table that held the matches to light a candle I struck it against the table and a flame appeared. Grabbing the candle from its holder I turn to see the room lit up, still I saw no one. Maybe I am going mad, or maybe I drank to much of the concoctions I had been working on last night. Peeking through the doorway into the apothecary I waved th e candle around the room there as well and nothing. Ok so now I hear voices even awake, what is happening to me. Then I heard it again, "Phoebe, remember when Granny would appear to speak to the dead? You actually can hear me, cant you?..." the voice slowly faded off. I stood there frozen, blinking. I took a deep breath and tried to process what had just happened. I heard my Mother, I heard her voice, the woman known as Persephone.