• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hearing Held, Jurors Needed.

G

Lords and Ladies of Sonoma,

The Hearing in the Case of the People v Lord Britsh did commence this day at 1730 PDT.

The Prosecution was represented by Poet Lariel and Sara Caroline (PAS) but we lacked Defense Counsel. We waited but had to begin without. Fortunetly, the Defense had made several argumenst public.

The Court was opened and the charges were read by the Prosecutor. The Charges include:
Torture, numerous counts.
Robbery,
Murder,
Attempted murder,
Genocide,
Additional charges were added of:
Crime against Humanity,
Causing dishonor to the People of Sosaria
Betrayal of the People by abandonment.

After hearing the severity of the Charges and taking into consideration the arguments made by Lord Brad, I ruled that the Trial shall take place.
The Prosecution demanded Subpoenas for witnesses and I agreed to this.
Lord Rapier arrived and I informed him of my rulings.
I also asked him to prepare a list of witnesses so that I may offer subpoenas.

The trial shall be by Jury. The court will immediately begin accepting notice of those that would serve on the jury. The jury will be selected from a pool of potential jurors by the prosecutor and defense counsels.

Defense Counsel demanded that he be given access to his defendant. I had to deny this until the Court can take responsibilty for the safety of those involved.
With this in mind, I have demanded that PAS relenquish the prisoner to the Court within one week.
The prisoner will be exchanged on Saturday, time to be set. More details to follow.

Once he is in the Courts custody, the Defense Counsel may meet with him.

The Court was attacked by one Final Contagion (HAR). He was promptly subdued by the agents of the Court (E^E). Let this stand as warning to those that would cause harm to the Defense or the Prosecution. The Marshals of the Court will react swiftly to these interuptions. The Court does give Lord Hooman (E^E) and Lord Malachai (Lord Malachai was absent due to that RL demon) complete control over Court security. If they act too swiftly, we will rez and apologize to the innocent. I do not forsee that being a problem, but forwarned!

Anyone interested in serving on the jury, please contact me.
Details of Lord British's transfer to follow.
Posts will be made as things porgress so that anyone wanting to participate may do so.

Maddwg, Judge, 1st Circuit Court of Sonoma

note: My court is fairly informal. I prefer to wander in front of the defense and prosecution due to the distance the Bench is away from everyone.
For the trial, I'll try to be a good boy and sit down.

L

Lady Vixen

<blockquote><hr>

For the trial, I'll try to be a good boy and sit down.

[/ QUOTE ] *glue taxs to his chair*

G

Aw, gee thanks.

As if trying to coordinate getting all the people to that thing isn't a pain in my butt.

Nice to know someone is thinking of me.

D

Dor of Sonoma

I would like to participate, as my (admittedly currently scarce) available time permits. :)

G

Milady Dor,
Of course you may participate! Many things to do yet!

I'll see you Friday night and we can discuss it.

'Episode Twenty-Eight:Hear Heer Here' has been scrawled out with my crayons and is ready to share.

BTW Last night was the most fun I have had since I came back, that did not include me getiing killed.

Maddwg

R

Rapier

I have spoken with my fellow members of the Wind council of the grim matters concerning King David's abduction of our friend, the Lord British. They have requested that I present their concerns before your court.
Our neighbors in the next valley, PAS, have long been known to harbor ill intent toward Lord British. King David has many times openly demonstrated his desire to have Lord British's throne. The council finds it very unlikely that a private army of one of such mind would imprison Lord British against his will.. for his safety. The council therefore requests that the court immediately demonstrate its own concern of Lord British's safety and remove the Lord British from such a dangerous and precarious situation.

G

Milord,
I agree that he needs to be under other control. That is why I demanded that he be delivered to us. Until very recently,we were not capable of protecting him. There have been public threats to his life. Once again, his safety is my number one priority.
Milord, I appreciate your concerns. The Court is responding as quickly as we can. You must keep in mind that thy defendant did not leave in place a working Court. This Court had to be built from the ground up by the citizens with little power other than honor to rely upon. We have no taxes to pay anyone, all efforts are made for the benefit of all the citizens of Sonoma. I was humbled by the turnout and the efforts made by all parties at the Hearing. Sonoma is blessed that so many are willing to contribute.

Your Servant,
Maddwg, Judge

Milords and Ladies,
Lord Final Contagion has seen need to to explain his actions by writing books and leaving them around town.

Milord,
Who killed thee and how quickly is mute, although I think several people would disagree with thy view. That matter is of no importance.
If you feel so deeply about serving Lord British then thou hast many options short of attacking the Court.
Thou couldst offer to protect thy leige from the many that would see harm befall him.
Thou couldst testify on his behalf.
Thou couldst offer to assist in his defense.
Consider these actions milord.
The Court would welcome that.

Maddwg, Judge
1st Circuit Court of Sonoma

R

Rotte

Ok, I'll be a Juror unless either the prosecution or the defense feels differently. (they of course have some say in the matter as well)

G

Woot!
Four potential jurors!
Alana Starbreeze, Love Spitit, Rotte and Sirkus.

I think I should tell everyone what we expect in jurors and how jury selection will work (for those that have never had the pleasure of jury duty).

Once we have a decent size pool, we will gather for selection.
I will question the jury on whether they can set aside their personal feelings regarding LB and be impartial.
If you are related to the judge, prosecution, defense, or the defendant you are not elgible.
If you are good friends with the judge, prosecution, defense, or the defendant you may be disallowed.
If you have a grudge against the judge, prosecution, defense, or the defendant you may be disallowed.
If you recently had sexual relations with the judge, prosecution, defense, or the defendant you may be disallowed.
Once we settle those matters, the prosecution and defense may each remove up to three people from the jury pool.

Hmm, what else?

S

Sirkus

What is you have dirty pictures of the judge, prosecution, defense, or the defendant? The goat shot is priceless.

R

Rapier

<blockquote><hr>

What is you have dirty pictures of the judge, prosecution, defense, or the defendant? The goat shot is priceless.

[/ QUOTE ]
Weren't you supposed to burn that after the payment? oops!

J

Jack Tallow

This is ludicrous....

These charges have no basis, and considering the source of the charges, this foolishness should have not been tolerated for even this long.

1) David has openly expressed his lust for the throne and power over Brittannia. Noone has ever recognized his authority outside his own guild. Also, David has made great efforts to form a following with full intention to bend this guild to this purpose. Regarding the guild, see: militia. See also: Political Coup

2) Under what authority does PAS have the right to search and seizure?
See: Illegal Search and Seizure of property, if any physical evidence is introduced.

3) Under what authority does PAS have the right to detain any citizen of Brittannia? See: Kidnapping See: Unlawful Detainment See: Big frickin lawsuit

What we have here is an old man who was kidnapped by a bunch of crazed zealots. Nothing more. A man abducted by the followers of a man with the well-known obsession for power and influence. A person drunk with the power a large guild has granted him, and who is clearly in abuse of this power. If anyone should stand trial, it's David and any PAS involved with the abduction.

R

Rapier

Jack, can I count on you as a witness for the defense? That asked I should point out this is a pretty awkward situation all in all. Its part of an RP even that PAS has been running for sometime. Problem is that their history of sosoria is quite a bit different from everyone else's. So its a fine line of work with them on their RP while trying to keep the real history from being messed up too much. Secretly I hope they execute Brit then Origin gets permission to bring him back and does! Well, I guess its not so secret anymore.
Adain, can I count on you as a witness for the defense? Any other takers out there? Seriously guys, I'm defending with both arms and one leg tied behind my back.

A

ApollyonDA

if a defense witness is needed, I would be glad to help. ICQ me or pm me with details if you would please

Lord Dyvim Tvar
GM Keepers of Balance
130-869-264