• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

hear our plea and keep us in your hearts

• Thread starter The Ice Phoenyx
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
T

The Ice Phoenyx

as of 845 am (pacific time) on 04/03/08 i walked into my 4 year old sons room to find him face down convulsing from a severe grand maul seizure i then called 911 and he was carried via ambulance to the er after 45 mins at the er they called med flight and shipped him to a pediatric hospital 45 min away. the shaking itself was almost 45 mins to an hour long and that was after 2 doses of sedatives and 1 of strongest meds there is now if you remember when i first came to this shard 2 months ago or so i sent out info of this same line this one was much worse and even while on meds so please to what ever higher power (god/goddess/nothingness) that you believe in keep my son my self and stormphoenyx my irl spouse in your hearts as tomorrow almost did not come for our 4 year old boy and we are very tore apart and no end is yet in sight as it took 6 hours to get him stable and he was 12 hours after admit to er still in ped icu take care origin we hope all is safe and above all else to those who have kids, tell them 10,20,30 times a day that you love them as they may fade from life without warning and we hope all is well till we return

D

Daring

My prayers are with you, your son, and your entire family.

I had a brother that had grand maul seizers from the time he was in the 4th grade so I know how scary it can be. But with the right medication most can be controled. It just takes alot of time and alot of trying different medications to find the one that is approriate for each person.

YOu have alot of friends here on Origin that really care. Im sure the little guy will receive plenty of prayers tonight, so try to remain in high spirits and know we are all there for you.

Thank you for the reminder to "Tell our children how much we love them". I know thats what Im going to do right now.

CassieDarksong

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You and your wife have my thoughts and prayers asyou have in the past, as always, if you need anything, please let me know.

G

My thoughts, prayers and warmest wishes are you with you and yours in this time of need and sorrow. Brightest wishes and a speedy recovery to your son I do pray.

*hugs*

M

MistyMagik

May God be with you to give you strength right now and may your son get well soon. Stay strong for your son, he is going to need you right now.

T

The Ice Phoenyx

our son as of about 6pm on 04/05/07 out of picu and back home and the first dr and hospital he saw will be hearing from layer Monday due to negligence as they gave him 5 mg 2x a day the dr in picu said try for 50mg 2x a day then see in 2 month if go up. and due to they spinal tapped my 4 year old and dropped his breaths per min (normal is 25-30) to a 4 be4 calling the med flight but he is home and safe for now and on a over $450 a month med. now for the bad news , in November it was multi focal ie in many areas, now it is in one area (i asked the neurologist thats good right? he almost cussed me) when it is in one part of the brain it can get worse and drops % of grow out of from 85 % down to about 40%. if he does not grow out of it he may be not only on meds rest of life but may never be able to drive a car or get drunk for 21st birthday or go out on long hikes etc... for fear of landing in icu if not worse so wish us well and remember things we all take so little time to respect and cherish because they are always there and simple things to us may be gone forever for him we will know more in 2 months when he goes in for 2nd mri and more tests to see if becomes labeled from then on disabled thank you all for warm wishes and we will keep you updated

G

Keep your hopes up. Optimism can be quite powerful.
Our thoughts are with you and your family.

GW