• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Healing] Healing and Whammy

• Thread starter Grimm_of_Oceania
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
G

Grimm_of_Oceania

After watching a few video's on you tube I decided I need to add a whammy to my sampire and abc archer collection.

I havnt started the char yet (have a free slot). I was thinking of the following

120 swords
120 bush
120 parry
90 heal
90 anat
80 tactics
60 chiv
40 necro

This character will be used only for peerless (eventually solo). I like the idea of not relying on mana for healing so I can span ls every time i strike.

I was think of useing a darkwood armour set I had on my archer or make an artie/runic set myself. I would be focusing on mana regen (might even use the helm of insight) and of course dci.

Is the above template too tight. Considering it is only for peerless, will I be a sitting duck without resist (I haven't had a "warrior" without resist before) or should I stick with healing.

O

Old Man of UO

I was think of useing a darkwood armour set I had on my archer or make an artie/runic set myself. I would be focusing on mana regen (might even use the helm of insight) and of course dci...
The darkwood armor set only works as a set... all 6 pieces. No mana regen on that, and can't use the helm of insight. Runic dovetail saws won't add any mods to a darkwood set, but not sure if that is what you meant.

I still don't see how you are going to heal... are you using life leech weapons? Healing with bandages is going to bee too slow against top monsters.

G

Grimm_of_Oceania

I would either use the darkwood set or make a set using various arties and runic (probably barbed) armour. I have decided to use the darkwood on the wammy now though.

I have an orni or novo bleue set I could use to get 4/6 chiv casting so I was wondering if this was enough along with a soul seeker or would I need to use healing as well.

Basically healing or resist?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you need Spirit speak for that build to work, without spirit speak you won't really leech much mana (if any) while in wraith form.

C

Connor_Graham

I think you need Spirit speak for that build to work, without spirit speak you won't really leech much mana (if any) while in wraith form.
Not to mention making Curse Wep pretty much useless, which is the primary healing for a Wammy.

G

Grimm_of_Oceania

I didnt realise leech from wraith was ss dependent. Hmmm that tightens up the template a fair bit.

Would uninterupted healing be more of a benefit than curse weapon, as well as the savings to mana for curing poison? If I dont use mana to heal or cure, would the nerfed mana leech be suffice to just maintain EoO and LS perhaps?

G

Grimm_of_Oceania

Is there anyone out there who use's a similar template with success?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I ran that template (it was my first wraith, and went through a lot of revisions over time, but it worked well), I had jewelry with +15 macing, parry and +28 necromancy in addition to the bloodwood spirit (+10 spirit speak, +5 necromancy)

With those 73 points extra (and 5 points away from macing, parry and bushido since I didn't have the 120's), I could easily fit in the spirit speak needed to make curse weapon and wraith form very effective.