• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Healer generalization. Comments?

• Thread starter imperterritus
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imperterritus

Being a returning player, I've made a number of new characters recently, just to try out different things. Perhaps I've stumbled accross something you-all already knew... Anyway, it seems that a template with Healing/Anatomy is generally a "low mana" build. For example, let's start with a basic warrior build:

* 100: <weapon skill>, Tactics
* 100: Parry, Resist Spells

There are 400 points already, and, except for special weapon moves, mana free. Add in:

* 100: Healing, Anatomy

Now you have allocated 600 skill points to non-mana skills. With the other hundred points you could add some Chivalry for travel and curse removal, and a bit of Focus or Meditate to support the little Chivalry you have and the weapon specials.

Change it so that the build no longer has Healing and Anatomy. What are you going to add? There are 300 points to play with. Perhaps:

* Samurai: 100: Chivalry, Focus (or Meditate), Bushido
or
* Necromancer: 100: Necromancy, Spirit Speak, Focus (or Meditate)
or
* Ninja: 100: Ninjitsu, Hiding, Stealth
. (This one problematic because you'll likely have to drop Parry or Resist
.. in order to add in some form of mana regen.)

Note that the other non-healing warrior possibilities all seem to be mana-intensive. Of course, you could use 200 points for craft skills. Something like:

* 100 Archery, Tactics, Resist Spells
* 100: Bowcraft, Arms Lore
then either
* 100: Healing, Anatomy
or
* 100: Chivalry, Focus

Again, the healing form is mana free. You'd be dependent on charged runebooks for travel, but if an old-style warrior doesn't want to depend on mana, he has that option.

There is no particular question here. I'm just wondering what others might think of this observation.

S

sherkborg

good choices, the game definitely allows for ways to get your healing done in other ways