• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Heads-up: Evil Items being wiped today

• Thread starter Dor of Sonoma
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dor of Sonoma

As posted on http://www.uo.com/fyi.html:
<blockquote><hr>

FYI

EVIL ITEMS BEING REMOVED FROM SERVERS TODAY! Jul 7 2005 7:06PM GMT (PST +08:00)
Due to some technical issues (the ability to dupe certain Evil Items) we will be wiping all evil items from the production servers today. Your code will be reset and you will need to reclaim your item through the promotional system.

Please do not page a GM or contact support when your items disappear and please wait until you see further notice of the codes being reset.

Thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

R

riffraff

holy crap!

most of mine are still in token form.. guess they're going to go poof too.

G

I hope too many people did not spend gold buying these from other players. If they did, I certainly hope the sellers will give back the gold. That would be the honorable thing to do.

M

Mandolin

<blockquote><hr>

I hope too many people did not spend gold buying these from other players. If they did, I certainly hope the sellers will give back the gold. That would be the honorable thing to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

heh.. I've seen at least a dozen posts from people who said they went out and bought extras in order to get the entire set. Wow.. just.. wow.

Revvo

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I sold 15 this morning i am already contacting the buyer and assuring them i will give them back if this happens on siege, although the use of phrase "production servers" in the message may mean this isnt going to affect siege.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I sold 15 this morning i am already contacting the buyer and assuring them i will give them back if this happens on siege, although the use of phrase "production servers" in the message may mean this isnt going to affect siege.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who knows, but yeah I can imagine people might get a bit ansy about that kidn of thing, good job. But 15?? How many bloody accounts do you have, man??

D

Dor of Sonoma

Good point. :)

Never can be too sure with EA though...I figured it would be better to be safe than sorry, after noticing the buy/sell posts for those here. :-\

G

*waves at Dor*

Hi doll, good to see you around here. Thanks for the heads up!

M

Mandolin

<blockquote><hr>

*waves at Dor*

Hi doll, good to see you around here. Thanks for the heads up!

[/ QUOTE ]

Back off Lord Commander.. she's all mine!

M

MeMn0cH

<blockquote><hr>

Good point. :)

Never can be too sure with EA though...I figured it would be better to be safe than sorry, after noticing the buy/sell posts for those here. :-\

[/ QUOTE ]

So you read our boards eh?

Why not just give the shard a darn try already..

Y

Yoda-SP

<blockquote><hr>

Due to some technical issues (the ability to dupe certain Evil Items) we will be wiping all evil items from the production servers today. Your code will be reset and you will need to reclaim your item through the promotional system.
Please do not page a GM or contact support when your items disappear and please wait until you see further notice of the codes being reset.

Thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

"production servers today"

[/ QUOTE ]

So does that mean if I claimed mine on siege.......... they reset all there codes for everyone and they don't clear them on siege..... I could turn in the code again on siege there for get more? Does that sound right?

M

Mandolin

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Believe me, Mem.. not for lack of trying.. I've tried to wiggle Dor in to venturing over here.. she's got a character stuffed in a bank box though.. dust it off Dor and get your booty over to Siege!

Revvo

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They were not all mine i have a few friends who are lets say unwelcome on these boards :)

F

Feyre

I believe to them all shards except test servers are production shards.
I think we termed all other shards production shards, to keep ourselves seperate.
Then again i could be wrong, im not them.

D

Dor of Sonoma

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
I do a lot of things. *winks*

I

imported_Castor

*starts to beat a dead horse yet again*

you know what cracks me up about this, they can automatically delete all of this stuff and then reissue them, but damn it all to hell, they cant do the same thing to pbds..

M

Mandolin

<blockquote><hr>

I believe to them all shards except test servers are production shards.
I think we termed all other shards production shards, to keep ourselves seperate.
Then again i could be wrong, im not them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.. you're right.. I was corrected in an email when I referred to another shard as a production shard a while back. Siege is a production shard since it receives patches just like all the others.

M

Mandolin

<blockquote><hr>

you know what cracks me up about this, they can automatically delete all of this stuff and then reissue them, but damn it all to hell, they cant do the same thing to pbds..

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe.. I wasn't man enough to say it out loud, but I was thinking the exact same thing as soon as it was posted.

angelus aconitum

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehehe, good point.

Btw, my creepy things are still deeded in my crate, so they forgot to wipe them out ?

And using the code again does not work :p

I

imported_Castor

hasnt happend yet...

on the plus side though, if they wipe and reissue, i am going to get that bench that tells me how fat i am....

Y

Yoda-SP

<blockquote><hr>

And using the code again does not work :p

[/ QUOTE ]

If they revert there web sight's codes it well!

G

All the Trammies, eh, I mean, fine upstanding UHallers, are screaming for a 2 day revert because they spent millions on tokens and are gonna get screwed.

LOL

2 Day Revert... are they INSANE !?!?!?!?

F

Feyre

well, the greedy folks over there decided not to care that they will sell for 2.99 and pay 2 mil a token, so its actually an issue there, some players spent milions.

A

Asmodi_Mhul

People spent 2mil for each token? Damn, these things honestly aren't even that good to begin with.

A

Ariath2k

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

They can, it's just there is far more important issues to apply said fix to, such as talking deco, etc.

But amen.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

They can, it's just there is far more important issues to apply said fix to, such as talking deco, etc.

But amen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that just the truth. What a farce. I could live with a dumb as hell script that runs once a month that unblesses every PBD'd item in the database and puts a PBD in everyone's pack. If the item was in someone's backpack, it puts it in their bankbox. So you lose your PBD on the 15th? Well you'll get it back on the 1st. Or run it every week or every damn day! So your blessed item pops in the bank when you log in, BFD, we can deal with that.

It can't be THAT hard to identify PBD'd items by SQL statements... the data is there, its a personal bless, that distinguishes it from other kinds of blessed items. Maybe I'm oversimplifying things, but at work when we get bad data imported, guess what? We write a script, and run it to modify the data! Its not rocket science, its just programming...

T

The Unholy Seed

I would too be mad if I spent millions to get the evil decor items on trammy land. That's why I love Siege Perilous ... more honest players here compared to those shards.

I

imported_Castor

lets just hope that whoever was incharge for releasing this was not also incharge of the pbd fix...

...oh wait, there is no fix to worry about

A

Ariath2k

Perhaps they are just having difficulty with the SQL?

Delete From Items a Where a.item_type = 'PBD'

Insert Into....
etc

Well of course the heirachy is far more complicated than that, but methinks money = time and time is just better spent on where most their money is sourced from, tram shards.

G

Ghost of Siege

Cool...had already claimed mine and deleted the emails with the codes. lol

G

Well the item type will be the type of item that is blessed, ie a katana. Think item type in UOAssist. The bless must be a property of the item record, just a bit field likely. Cmon EA let me in there and I'll jimmy it up quick! I swear I won't jack a few of my char's stats up while I'm in there... *snif* 10k mana and 10k str wheee!

UPDATE Chars
SET STR = 10000,
INT = 10000
WHERE CharName = 'Py Lethius'

M

MinorMage

<blockquote><hr>

*chuckles*

QA must be sooooo proud..

[/ QUOTE ]

They would be if QA actually existed...

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

*chuckles*

QA must be sooooo proud..

[/ QUOTE ]

They would be if QA actually existed...

[/ QUOTE ]

We exist... the customers... ;)

Y

Yoda-SP

<blockquote><hr>

We are working on a timeline to re-release the items back into the game after they are destroyed. The code you used to get an item the first time around will work exactly the same way. Also, you’ll be able to retrieve the code from the same giveaway webpage when it becomes active again.
We are currently working on a compensation plan for those people who traded items or gold legitimately for Evil Items. We added a special tracking code to the items so we can tell who traded the items to whom, which will help with the compensation process. Please note, anyone caught trying to lie or scam a support representative will be subject to penalties, including account termination.

We will post more details as we finalize the plan. We apologize for the inconvenience.

[/ QUOTE ]

Y

Yoda-SP

<blockquote><hr>

We added a special <font color="red"> tracking code to the items </font> so we can tell who traded the items to whom, which will help with the compensation process.

[/ QUOTE ]

Need I say more ....... PBDS!!!!

K

Kat SP

<blockquote><hr>

We added a special tracking code to the items so we can tell who traded the items to whom, <font color="blue"> which will help with the compensation process. </font> .

[/ QUOTE ]

So lets say I sold Booboo 10 of these evil screaming pixie thingies for 1 mil each. Each of these thing go poof in the night....and so will my 10 mil WITHOUT a revert?

A

Ariath2k

<blockquote><hr>

Well the item type will be the type of item that is blessed, ie a katana. Think item type in UOAssist. The bless must be a property of the item record, just a bit field likely. Cmon EA let me in there and I'll jimmy it up quick! I swear I won't jack a few of my char's stats up while I'm in there... *snif* 10k mana and 10k str wheee!

UPDATE Chars
SET STR = 10000,
INT = 10000
WHERE CharName = 'Py Lethius'

[/ QUOTE ]

Aye if the PBD is applied to something it could well be a property of the item it's on, but then when it isn't applied it must be an item in its own right. Maybe that's part of the problem. It probably would have been easier to make the blessed item a property of the bless deed......

Maybe they have something (I doubt it tho) along the lines of a table of PBDs joined by player_id and item_id! and maybe the item_id is interchangeable with a location if it isn't on an item at the time! Then it should be even easier to fix.....

Who knows the truth

K

kyrie_m

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Believe me, Mem.. not for lack of trying.. I've tried to wiggle Dor in to venturing over here.. she's got a character stuffed in a bank box though.. dust it off Dor and get your booty over to Siege!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny considering all of the crap you used to say about her in teamspeak.

Anyway, Dor did promise ru and I that she would come over to see Siege a few months ago, but she never did! What gives?

M

Mandolin

<blockquote><hr>

Anyway, Dor did promise ru and I that she would come over to see Siege a few months ago, but she never did! What gives?

[/ QUOTE ]

Got the same promise myself from her a while back.. common Dor.. at least visit!

Btw.. whatever happened to the archery contest, Dor? Anyways.. take a night off from the YMCA and hop over to Siege to say Hello!

I

imported_mo'gluk

grr ... meeb nub likie dis ....

unless the thread is readily useful and apparently helpful to our CURRENT population please do not rez threads it is counter productive to building community *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.