• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] HCI and Bushido -- ABC archer question

S

Seismic

I have an ABC archer (new to this template) and was curious how critical HCI is on armor/jewels/etc if I use Lightning Strike fairly consistently? If I understand things correctly, LS will crank your HCI to the max by default when it is selected - is that correct?

G

GFY

I have an ABC archer (new to this template) and was curious how critical HCI is on armor/jewels/etc if I use Lightning Strike fairly consistently? If I understand things correctly, LS will crank your HCI to the max by default when it is selected - is that correct?
Correct.

However if you run low on mana, and can't use lightning strike you don't get a HCI bonus.

C

Connor_Graham

Correct.

However if you run low on mana, and can't use lightning strike you don't get a HCI bonus.
One other thing to note also is that LS gives you 50 HCI, which is actually 5 higher than the cap. This is something to keep in mind if you want to build a suit to compensate for Hit Lower Attack. Other than that GFY is on the money. Don't depend on LS for all of your HCI. There will be plenty of times that you're out of mana, especially as an archer. I have nearly 100 mana on mine and run out regularly, even though I've got good mana regen and mana leech on every bow I use.

Something to keep in mind while working on your archer is that a good archer knows how to conserve mana to use it for it's greatest effect. Anyone can do a mana dump, but a good player can get more from his mana than the person that dumps it all at once and hopes to get more. To me that's the key to being a really good ABC archer.