• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Having trouble with dexxers

T

tarugobr

hi to everyone

first, my mage character has:

human character

115 eval
100 (+15 book) mage
115 wrestle
115 magic resist
110 medit
85 poison
60 necro

240 skillcap
130ish hp
120ish mana
30ish dex

suit:
mana reg 10
lrc 100
lmc 40ish
dci 63
hci 13
sdi 15

now the problem:
im having trouble with a guy who has a temp like this:
fenc
tactics
chiv
resist
poison
parry

70+ hld, high hci and di, 4/6, kryss with hit spell. carries bunch of pots
heals and cure with chiv
i got 63 dci on my character and still get hit a lot. when i get hit by hld my dci drops and he hits me time after time. got not enough hci to disarm many times
he also uses bola balls against me and rides on swampy
ive tried to poison his swamp, but he cures with chiv
remove curse and holy light also sucks

so i decided to put 0 medit and parry to 110. also dex 80 and set str and int down

the question:
am i gonna be out of mana with those changes?

whats the best way to beat this guy? (template changes are welcome)

ps: im working on a 120 wrestle...

thanks

R

RichDC

Id suggest half your problem is 60necro and no ss, with that your curses even if not removed will last seconds(if that).

Its kind of a waste of points, imo youd be better set to put 40points into SW.

reasons:

Attunement gains a boost of damage absorbtion
gift of renewal will heal more HP for longer
Pixies.
Natures furies last longer.

Now one fo your problems with this is one or 2 holy lights is going to kill your pixies but if you can get him stopped the natures furies do well.

If he has no med, and you can hit the spells, Mana vamp him. It wont take as much med of but it will do a bit.

I dont know if this will work but maybe using protection and standing i a field would help. I did watch someone cast 3energy fields on himself(standing in the middle one) and then dump on the dexxer. The dexxer couldnt get to him so couldnt kill him. This probably wont work as he can just run of screen.

A

Aeneas

I notice that you want to go the EO/poison route.

In practical pvp, that combo won't work because ppl will just pot the nano-second they get poisoned some how :p

W/O giving up on your play style, you can try this classic combo

Get a one hand-mage weapon with -20 magery, then offset that magery with the +skill ring/bracelet.

Fit in parry, get your dex to 60 (again with +dex on the items). Adjust your stats if you get +str or +intel items instead. Don't forget +hp and +mana items.

Carry greater dex pot (+20 dex) and/or strength pots. When you run out of pots, bless helps.

You'll need to compromise. If you can't get 100 LRC, it's not a big deal, try for 95% or so then wear arcane boot.

Or

Drop necro, fit in 105 anatomy and get +35 skill on your items then fit in parry.

Something like this
eval 115
magery 120
resist 115
med 100
poison 80
parry 120
anatomy 105

drop med/anatomy when you scroll out resist/eval. The same +stat items as before but at least you get the spell book to help out with LMC/LRC/LC/LCR and or + skill

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With the game the way it is, full of tamers and speedhacking archers ganking 10 to 3, the only real solution to group pvp is to play a version of a parry mage.

There are several varieties.

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Best bet is to summon a demon, try to trap the dexer between two houses and hope for some unlucky RNG for the dexer so you can get your barrage of spells off while your demon is pounding on him as well.

L

Limlight

One of the best templates for a dexer is:

Necro Weave Protection Mage.

Cast Attunement and GOR with a lvl 6 focus.
Blood Oath the guy into oblivion.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do not listen to limlight. Do not go into protection, he does not pvp. He willl tell you that he does, and he will also tell you that he runs that exact template and he kicks everyone's ass.

These are extreme fabrications, he is not good, and with protection you will never kill a soul.

A

Arch Magus

Best bet is to summon a demon, try to trap the dexer between two houses and hope for some unlucky RNG for the dexer so you can get your barrage of spells off while your demon is pounding on him as well.
LOL

some people actually fight in dungeons...

A

Arch Magus

One of the best templates for a dexer is:

Necro Weave Protection Mage.

Cast Attunement and GOR with a lvl 6 focus.
Blood Oath the guy into oblivion.
I wouldn't listen to Lynk's extreme criticism.

I've seen people kill on Prot mages before.

M

mr.blackmage

I've seen people kill (terrible) people with protection on before, too. I've done it to many a terrible dexer, even 4/6 lping dexers (as a straight up wrestle scribe mage with 30 dci). That doesn't mean it works well, it just means that I was able to "play" the dexer into thinking he was going to kill me, aka they got greedy and didn't zoom off screen.

However, this was after the person had run off screen at LEAST 50 times already.

Bottom line is, if you're trying to kill a 4/6 dexer on a mage, then you're wasting your time. Skill is not a factor with chiv healing, you can simply hold down the key and be invincible 1v1 vs a mage. Add the nonstop chaining of LP, you had better have at least 50 gcures on you too, and I doubt you will kill them before you run out of pots anyways.

I'm not saying that it won't happen. I'm just saying that if you DO happen to be a top mage, you will be lucky to win 1/100 times. And that "luck" has to do with the dexer getting greedy and staying on screen.

Bottom line: your personal skill is never going to be a factor in a fight like this. The other players lack of skill is the only thing that matters.

L

Limlight

I am not worried about that dudes comments.

I know how many kills I get.

But you have to have the lvl 6 focus to make the template work.

Obviously being a protection mage puts you at risk with mages...but a weaver, necro pro mage is deadly against almost all dexers.

Blood Oath spamming is your friend people.

C

Cloak&Dagger

You simply need to know your template and your opponent, if I have not said this before I am saying it now, there is no Finally answer template, they all have strengths and weaknesses usually starting the the persons ability to use the template. As Limlight has said necro weavers can do fine against dexxers, magery will require you to be a better than average mage but with necro and weaving already the problem is not that large.