• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Having some problems!

I

Inspector

Well, this isn't a huge problem for me but I would like it fixed....
When I bring my pet with me anywhere to hunt I usually hunt easier monsters so I just hide and let my pet do the work for me. But since the last patch or so this does not work for me I can go anywhere and hide and monsters around my pet will not target it/attack it nothing.
I have tried paging a gm and always get moved into the player harrasment queue and then wait for hours.....(wich is really making me angry) so I come here seeking help.

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not sure, might have been some changes since last I played.

Make sure you are telling your pet to "All Guard Me" after each monster death. Stand on top of your pet (same tile) and the pet will be targeted first (if set to Guard you and you're standing on the same tile as the pet).

As for your pet not being attacked while you're hidden/invisible, I don't know. They used to, for that is one tactic to use as a Tamer/Treasure Hunter (Invis right before the chest pops fully to the surface).

Bug Reporting: http://support.uo.com/contact_info.html
BUG AND EXPLOIT REPORTS
You can use the feedback forms here to submit bugs. Bug reports can also be mailed to [email protected], along with all important information, such as the time, date and shard of the occurrence, the steps that caused the bug, and whether or not it was repeatable. Bugs found on a test center should be sent to [email protected] with the same information.

(Moderation Notice: Minor Trolls removed, please only reply if you have something constructive or helpful to add.)

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, what monsters are you trying to get to attack your pet? If you have High Karma and are around monsters like Pixies and other High Karma monsters (like Unicorns) then they won't attack you. They only attack pets if their owners have negative Karma or are attacked first (same goes for players).

I

Inspector

I have tried elder gazers, demons, balrons, dragons.... pretty much all the "mean" monsters. This worked for me a few days ago and now it doesn't at all. I have the pet guarding and whatnot and I will hide and the monster will spawn and just kind of stand around and doesn't even look at mine, this works for other players but not me.

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have you only tried to hunt once? If so, try Stabling your pet then go to an insta-log place (Inn/Tavern or Home) and then log out (wait 60 seconds) and back in then go unstable your pet.

Also, feed your pet 1 food after using a summoning ball. Some places they are summoned into will make them temporarily stupid and they will walk REAL slow and not obey commands until fed.

What facet are you hunting in? Are you using a summon ball to get your pet to your hunting spot? If no, then you might want to submit a bug report AND page a GM with something to the effect of "My pet won't get attacked when I hide or go invisible. GM Presence Needed." - Be short, specific, and to the point.

I

Inspector

Have you only tried to hunt once? If so, try Stabling your pet then go to an insta-log place (Inn/Tavern or Home) and then log out and back in then go unstable your pet.

Also, feed your pet 1 food after using a summoning ball. Some places they are summoned into will make them temporarily stupid and they will walk REAL slow and not obey commands until fed.

What facet are you hunting in? Are you using a summon ball to get your pet to your hunting spot? If no, then you might want to submit a bug report AND page a GM with something to the effect of "My pet won't get attacked when I hide or go invisible. GM Presence Needed." - Be short, specific, and to the point.
I have hunted, stabled the pets logged out multiple times(this has been an issue for a few days now) and unstable'd, fed the pet. I don't use summoning ball's, have tried both tram, fel and ilsh facets.... Then after I did all that I tried paging a GM with almost those exact words and I get auto moved to the player harrasment thing, where you can't see what number in the queue that you are. I have also submitted a bug report and still its broken... I am getting quite angry with the lack of in game support for this......

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have you only tried to hunt once? If so, try Stabling your pet then go to an insta-log place (Inn/Tavern or Home) and then log out and back in then go unstable your pet.

I have hunted, stabled the pets logged out multiple times(this has been an issue for a few days now) and unstable'd, fed the pet. I don't use summoning ball's, have tried both tram, fel and ilsh facets.... Then after I did all that I tried paging a GM with almost those exact words and I get auto moved to the player harrasment thing, where you can't see what number in the queue that you are. I have also submitted a bug report and still its broken... I am getting quite angry with the lack of in game support for this......
Yikes. :( Might be best then to email [email protected] - Include your original bug report, information on the GM Pages you have done, as well as a link to this thread too so she has all the information handy.

C

Cysphruo

it is a change with the pet commands and is working as intended, you'll need to tell your pet to kill monsters now.

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it is a change with the pet commands and is working as intended, you'll need to tell your pet to kill monsters now.
Link please? I had a feeling this is what it was, I just don't want to speculate without having a handy link to back it up. I searched on uo.com and coulnd't find patch notes about it. I more-so feel this is a bug the user is experiencing since he says he has seen other players' pets get attacked while they are hidden and no one has provided a link to patch notes on such a dramatic change.

The following is the only update I could find in relation to pets and hiding:
http://update.uo.com/latest.html
[SIZE=-1]Publish 47 Incremental Update[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1] Oct 16 2007 6:45PM CST [/SIZE] [SIZE=-1] On October 2, 2007, the following was published: [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=-1][/SIZE][SIZE=-1]
  • You will get less credit towards the new dungeon drops if you are hidden when the monster you are fighting dies.[/SIZE]

S

Smakkatron Jones

No. The change he is referring to is brand new from this last publish. There are some agro changes that were made involving summons.

Example: Pre patch, summon an earth ele, then invis. Any critters that were nearby would eventually agro and attack the earthie. The earthie would not fight back because it was not told to attack, or guard. But it would still be the target of agro/attacks.
Since this latest patch, summon earthie, then invis. any critters in the area will totally ignore the earthie.

In addition, critters will now target our energy vortex summons when that EV is fighting another critter, much like other summons used to be like, drawing agro.

I have not read if this change is intended or not. But I presume it's a new bug.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is enough to have your pet guarding you. A pet in follow only mode without guard command issued will no longer defend itself against any attacking critters.
There has an issue been mentioned, that pets in stable also counting towards the pets guarding you, so it may be, you are guarded, but not by your current pet.
Try to remove all from stable and tell them to stop, before they are getting restabled.
Have your main pet guard you again and see, what it does now.
*Salute*
Olahorand

S

Smakkatron Jones

No, no, no people. You are missing the problem. This problem is not a 'my pet will not fight' issue.

This problem is an A.I/monster agro issue. The monsters no longer *SEE* our summoned pets, and therefore do not attack our summons (they ignore the summons and attack whichever player is closest to them). That's the problem.

I

Inspector

It is enough to have your pet guarding you. A pet in follow only mode without guard command issued will no longer defend itself against any attacking critters.
There has an issue been mentioned, that pets in stable also counting towards the pets guarding you, so it may be, you are guarded, but not by your current pet.
Try to remove all from stable and tell them to stop, before they are getting restabled.
Have your main pet guard you again and see, what it does now.
*Salute*
Olahorand
I tried it, and your right pets in the stable do sometimes still guard you but it still didn't fix it.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, the demons see my CU while I'm hidden and guarded, and either the CU or the daemon attacks.
Also if I'm not hidden, but the daemon is more near to the CU than I am, the CU is getting the initial attack.
So it could still be something in the context:
What kind of monsters do you play with? Some may have an improved AI and therefore know, that killing a player is better for them than killing a pet.
Would it work with a different pet?
*Salute*
Olahorand

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not having monsters attack summons definitely removes some of my more favorite tactics... though I do have to say that letting pets or summons fight against monsters with the owner invisible for 90% of the fight is a little overpowered.

Not having monsters attack summons without provocation while the owner is visible, however, is a bit much.