• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Having some communications issues with phone... and UO still plays that lame connection game.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, yesterday... we had loads of rain (again). Where I live... my connection set up. Both the phone and internet are on the same line. It took me years to trust it when I had a true cable connection for many years that was most dependable. Land-line wise... we get robot calls inbound 5-10x a day. Its super annoying. I wake up... I was ignoring the calls as I do every single day. It was "normal". I'm online. Doing business. Playing UO while I wake up. Nothing abby-normal at all.

Before leaving the house... the phone worked. When we got back, the phone was no longer working. Nothing changed less yet another few inches of rain. I can still get online without issue. Play UO. No problem. The only trouble I saw was a random "drop" where everything lost connection for a few seconds. I figured it was just part of normal life. Go to sleep. Wake up.

Then I go to UO to wake up again. "Trouble connecting" out of the blue. With everything going on, even if I can check email and messages... I'm thinking maybe the quality of connection has lessened so much, maybe its an ongoing issue with the phone line. NOPE! Its the same stupid BS message from UO when a forced patch is thrown upon us. I mean WHY!? I can fully understand forcing updates and how important they may be... but I refuse to understand why we cant have a proper and logical message. "Connection requires patch" or something vs. making it sound like a communication issue.

In a way... at least, as far as a "giggle", it feels like when you call tech support and all the techs know is "reboot the computer" and think thats a "fix all" for all computer issues. (AT TIMES) Seeing most tech/customer support offices barely know English, it doesnt help when you already did that and only called them for something better. Its about "communications"... and I think its about time EA or whoever call a duck a duck. Its not communications... its update.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don’t run the patcher every time u log on?

Mine auto tries to patch every time I try to log on. If no patch available then it logs right on. This would solve your problem and take no extra time unless there’s a patch which u should be taking anyway.