• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Having problems unravelling

B

Boogieman

I'm a bit puzzled over how unravelling works ! :confused:

Here I am with 50,0 skill in imbuing, standing at the public soulforge. My unravelling bag is full of assorted low end junk that I've picked up just to get started on the whole unravelling/imbuing business.
First bag I tried and I tried and I tried - but I got the message: 'No items unravelled for lack of skill'. Or some such. Then I emptied the bag and tried one item at a time (inside the bag) - that worked! Did that a few times, got fed up doing one at a time and put all the stuff back into the unravelling bag. And then suddenly I could unravel all the stuff that wasn't beyond my skill - those items just stayed in the bag - which was pretty much what I had expected in the first place.
Then I go to pick up the second full bag. Again I get stuck trying to unravel everything in one go. Does the bag get hung up on the items I cannot unravel or what? (A bit like when you make a non-exceptional item for an exceptional BOD and UOA get hung up on that same item)?
Strange thing is - now I can't even seem to get anything unravelling one by one.
Is my skill just too low to have any reasonable chance of unravelling even low end stuff? Or am I missing out on a crucial step - like having a tool in my backpack...?

L

LadyMargaret

if you don't have room in your backpack, it won't unravel. Maybe that's what's happening?

B

Boogieman

Yes, I think you are right. It seems you cannot unravel items even if you are above or equal to your weight limit.

You don't get a message in game when using the unravelling bag - only when you try to unravel one item at a time.