• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Having problem bringing second account on

• Thread starter JesseLeeIt'sME
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
J

JesseLeeIt'sME

It says I have exceeded my Avatar limit. What is this? It was working earlier today

J

JesseLeeIt'sME

Correction It only lets my first sim play but the other 2 are greyed out and it at the pick a sim screen

G

Can't log my second account either. I can go to select a sim page, but when I click to go into city, I get stuck on 35%.

M

Mr Me

Im having a differant problem..I can only click on 1 of 3 of my sims

J

JesseLeeIt'sME

the only sim it will let me use is my first sim the others say exceeded but I want to play the one that says exceeded not the first sim grrr

J

jammybob

i dont see why we would have an avatar limit. My main sim on my second account happens to be my third one and now i cant play it.
I thought we were allowed 8 sims per account??

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

It says I have exceeded my Avatar limit. What is this? It was working earlier today

[/ QUOTE ]

Do a search on "avatar limit" and you will see many posts in various threads about this problem over the past few days. I can't log in my sims either. Grrrr. I know the devs have been preoccupied with bigger fish to fry, but this bug is on their radar because I know many people have written to them about it.

Patience is a virtue 'tis said, and many of us may be in line for sainthood soon.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Do a search on "avatar limit" and you will see many posts in various threads about this problem over the past few days. I can't log in my sims either. Grrrr. I know the devs have been preoccupied with bigger fish to fry, but this bug is on their radar because I know many people have written to them about it.

Patience is a virtue 'tis said, and many of us may be in line for sainthood soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had this earlier when I logged in with my TSOClient.exe shortcut, but the TSO.exe that we use to log in the primary account worked. Come to find out my target line that I had modified on my TSOClient.exe shortcut was messed up. When I fixed it I could see all my TC3 sims again, and all my EA Land sims again when I modified the shortcuts correctly. Here's what they should say.

For TC3:

"D:\EA GAMES\TSOClient\TSOClient.exe"<font color="red"> -r1024x768 -w "-CSCity:Test Center 3" </font>

For EA Land:

"D:\EA GAMES\TSOClient\TSOClient.exe"<font color="red"> -r1024x768 -w "-CSCity:EA Land"</font>

The red part is the most pertinent, the first part is going to vary of course by the drive designation of where you have your game loaded, mine just happens to be on my D: hard-drive. The spaces are important also, a space omitted or added in the wrong place can mess up the shortcut. There's also been reports of people's short cuts just stopping working for whatever reason and deleting the shortcut and creating a new one resolved their issue again.

At any rate since it seemed to be more than one person having the issue I thought I'd put that on the table as a possible fix while you're waiting on an answer from the dev e-mail

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I had this earlier when I logged in with my TSOClient.exe shortcut, but the TSO.exe that we use to log in the primary account worked. Come to find out my target line that I had modified on my TSOClient.exe shortcut was messed up. When I fixed it I could see all my TC3 sims again, and all my EA Land sims again when I modified the shortcuts correctly. Here's what they should say.

For TC3:

"D:\EA GAMES\TSOClient\TSOClient.exe"<font color="red"> -r1024x768 -w "-CSCity:Test Center 3" </font>

For EA Land:

"D:\EA GAMES\TSOClient\TSOClient.exe"<font color="red"> -r1024x768 -w "-CSCity:EA Land"</font>

The red part is the most pertinent, the first part is going to vary of course by the drive designation of where you have your game loaded, mine just happens to be on my D: hard-drive. The spaces are important also, a space omitted or added in the wrong place can mess up the shortcut. There's also been reports of people's short cuts just stopping working for whatever reason and deleting the shortcut and creating a new one resolved their issue again.

At any rate since it seemed to be more than one person having the issue I thought I'd put that on the table as a possible fix while you're waiting on an answer from the dev e-mail

[/ QUOTE ]

Thankyou, that fixes the problem perfectly.

J

JesseLeeIt'sME

It worked for me too. They must have changed something in the update in the afternoon yesterday before they went down for the whole evening.