• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Having Forum Issues? We Know!

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I know that many of you are having issues with the forums today. Don't worry, it's not you!

We are aware of the issues and are working to resolve them as quickly as possible.

As always, if you are experiencing Forum issues, you can post them in our support section located here:

http://stratics.com/forums/stratics-bug-reports.1007/

Thank you for your patience!

The Stratics Staff

Ron Bron

Former President
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Sorry for the interruption, we had a high server load last night that crashed one of our server applications.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry for the interruption, we had a high server load last night that crashed one of our server applications.
I understand why you had to get rid of the old classic look but could you turn down the brightness on your version of the classic, it is way to bright for old eyes.

Ron Bron

Former President
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I understand why you had to get rid of the old classic look but could you turn down the brightness on your version of the classic, it is way to bright for old eyes.
Have you tried the dark background?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have you tried the dark background?
I am using the Blue Steel because it is easier on the eyes but in all honesty the old classic color combo was the easiest on the eyes. Is there a way the user can change the background in the classic?

Ron Bron

Former President
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I am using the Blue Steel because it is easier on the eyes but in all honesty the old classic color combo was the easiest on the eyes. Is there a way the user can change the background in the classic?
Professional members can select from a few backgrounds we have prepared, can change background texture, and can change font and font color, but there isn't a way to allow users to customize the background themselves. I've asked the developers to include this, but they weren't interested. I could add a darker background option as another professional member perk, or if there is enough interest by the community I could darken the Classic background for everyone. The problem is that the text becomes a little more difficult to read as the background gets darker.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Professional members can select from a few backgrounds we have prepared, can change background texture, and can change font and font color, but there isn't a way to allow users to customize the background themselves. I've asked the developers to include this, but they weren't interested. I could add a darker background option as another professional member perk, or if there is enough interest by the community I could darken the Classic background for everyone. The problem is that the text becomes a little more difficult to read as the background gets darker.
The main problem is the stark white of the classic, if it could be made a light gray it may not be as stark. Even when you look at the adds the white in them is extreme no matter what you have selected.