• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Haven't played a tamer since before Time of Legends. What can they solo?

Treasure Hunter

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
what can your tamer solo? peerless, doom, etc? (tamer build/pet/pets you use)?

What's the flavor of the month build? (sampire still the go to for solo play)?

Been doing so much reading my head is going to explode.
Figured I'd take a break, and post here to see what all you tamers can solo with all these changes since I've been gone.

post your builds/pets used and what you can solo (If you're willing to share the info)

Thanks in advance.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
there is little in the game now that can not be soloed by a tamer with the appropriate pet for the occasion.
Since you mentioned sampires I assume that you are familiar with soloing stuff on dexxers. This will help you get an understanding of how to tailor pets to the bossmonster you wish to fight.

I will only adress one common misconception: there is not sampire build for pets as in there is no pet build that leeches back enough hitpoints from dealing damage to stay alive like a sampire. the pet ability life steal so far has proven completely inefficient and nothing but a mana drain to your pet.
There are however a lot of great damage dealing pet builds, some better suited for fighting single targets (usually with chivalry), other for fighting massive spawn (usually with explosive goo and whirlwind or frenzied whirlwind) and there are good ways to mitigate or heal back damage taken to allow pets to survive.

The best alround pets used are in no particular order: lesser hiryus, giant beetles, cu sidhes and fire beetles.
search this forum for their preferred builds, there is a lot of valuable info out there.

Some more specialized pet builds are made from najasaurus, firesteeds, nightmares, crimson and platinum drakes with 100% elemental damage, bane dragons, tsukiwolves, frost mites, rune beetles and sometimes old (prepatch) white wyrms.