• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Haven Thoughts

Sennah T' Nae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thank you for suggesting me for the Haven representative last night at the meeting.

I would like to hear some thoughts about things that we can do in Haven. In the past I had spent a lot of time there and it is an important area to build up the population of Catskills in general since it is where many begin their journey in Sosaria. I will walk the town in Catskills to see what buildings are there since each shard differs slightly in what is available in the town.

My ICQ is 176782236 if you have any thoughts or suggestions.

Last edited:

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I would suggest that you would create a "care package" of sorts for new players/characters that only have newby clothes on. For example...

Spell Caster care package:One rune book for all city banks and the Despise dungeon. 100% LRC medable suit with some mana regen and maybe stat bonuses,full spell book,a dozen g-heal potions,a dozen g-cure potions,and perhaps a 25k-50k bank check for insurance.

Melee'r care package:One rune book for all city banks and the Despise dungeon All 70's suit that doesn't require more than 45 strength to equip that would have some hp regen and maybe some stat bonuses,200-300 enhanced bandages,a dozen g-heal potions,a dozen g-cure potions,a weapon that has maybe 30% leeches on them and decent hci(basically a player made Soulseeker).Also 25k-50k bank check for insurance.

Crafter care package --Blacksmith/Miner: Rune book to all city banks.10-12 exceptional,or BoD reward,shovels,three exceptional tinker tools,two pack horses,or a blue beetle,meat or apples for pets.A mining book for some of the larger caves that has a forge at the entrance,an instructional book explaining what the player should make at any given skill level for best skill gains.

Crafter care package--Lumberjack/Carpenter: Blue beetle or two pack horses,meat or apples,one rune book with all city banks,a dozen exceptional saws,3 exceptional tinkers tools,an instructional book explaining what the player should make at any given skill level for best skill gains.

Crafter care package--Alchemist: 500 bottles,a dozen empty potion kegs, dozen exceptional alchemist tools,500 of each reg in commodity deed form,rune book with reg sellers marked with Haven and Luna banks marked as well.

Tamer care package: Rune book with marked taming locations,one rune book for city banks,500-1000 normal or enhanced bandages.Perhaps a 100% LRC mage suit that is similiar to the mage care package.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is a fine idea Dag.

I would also suggest like has been done in the past, choose one day of the week and make it well known that you and your reps will be in New Haven to assist new folks and pass out the above care packages. Perhaps a collection can be taken up from the other towns of the land of items for the packages.

Last edited:

Sennah T' Nae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I will put a call out to the different guilds... or even non guilded players of UO who would like to assist in the creation of these packages. Perhaps to organize it and get all towns involved have something specific the town would contribute, and if desired mark or engrave the item (if applicable). For example:
  • Bows & Arrows from Skara Brae
  • Magery books from Wind
  • Necromancy books from Umbra
  • Crafting tools from Minoc
  • Ores from Delucia
  • Wood from Yew
  • T- maps from Bucs Den
  • Rune books from Britain
  • Shields from Trinsic
  • Food from Cove
  • Blades (fencing/swords) from Jhelom
  • Bashing (Macing) from Nu'Jelm
  • Instruction Books from Haven
  • Ridables from Moonglow
  • Iron Armour from Vesper
  • Leather Armour from Serpents Hold
  • Potions from Papua
  • Jewelry (rings/ bracelets) from Luna
  • Gargish armour from Ter Mur
  • Ninja garb from Tokuno Islands

Gold, bandages and regents can be donated in any increment by anyone who wishes to do so.

Last edited:

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I'll be back in the game in about a week. If I can be of any help at that time,just say so. I don't have icq,but I can be easily found lurking here most days.

Sennah T' Nae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I was thinking to maybe holding an orientation of sorts on Wednesday the 8th, to welcome the young travelers. I did not see anything else scheduled for Catskills or Atlantic on that day. The time would be 9PM, I should be on after 8PM EST. It would be good to have the representatives of the towns and some guilds (roleplay and non- roleplay). Care packages can be handed out then along with people getting to meet others from the shard. The more welcome people feel the more they will want to stay.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Depending on my schedule at work that night I will be there for at least a little while.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

Sennah T' Nae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have a little beginning to the items for care packages, I'm so happy to see how much of a positive response this is getting.
Thank you Aedon and Dag for your offers to help out with the packages!
Right now I am making the books for training, and received some BoD reward tools from Ravven of PGoH, who said she will be working on the shields next. Tobias of Rangers of Spiritwood has offered to begin collecting some archery items for the packages, so a nice start indeed!!

Last edited:

Sennah T' Nae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thank you!

Anything donated you can drop with me if you see me in Haven, message me to pick it up, or bring it directly to the festival. If you bring it directly to the festival please be sure to post here or message me so that others can bring something different.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Sennah, the Children of Darkness will be bringing the following items:

20 Necromancy Spellbooks, Filled (As the eternal protectorants of Umbra)
==============
20 Runebooks, Filled with Runes to Haven, Britain, and Luna (As the Governor of Britain, Pandora)
==============
20 Tinkering Tools
20 Shovels
20 Scribe's Pen
20 Sledge Hammers
20 Mortars
20 Sewing Kits
20 Saws
(As the Governor of Minoc, Bianca on her character Ariana Erikkson)

Thank you so much for being a part of Pandora's sub-council for Haven and taking the initiative to DO SOMETHING with it! I am LOVING it!!!!!

Last edited:

Sennah T' Nae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Sweet! thank you Aedon! Will you be there tomorrow?

Newest items acquired from Val'is of Wind: Magery books, mysticism books, and a couple other goodies ;)

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will try to stop by, not sure how long I can stay. It all depends on many factors. *grins*

Sennah T' Nae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Anyone bringing items please come before 9pm EST, I will be there at 8pm EST. I have made boxes, training books, some tailor and blacksmith repair contracts. I have also made small tables for each of the towns I listed. If you have something special you would like to display about your town it would add to the experience. If you have been to Disney World think Epcot Center, each country had itself represented by foods or dancing, culture...etc.

Sennah T' Nae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thank you for everyone that came to the event!
The items that didn't go out to young tonight I am saving for the next time I hold the Haven Festival. I will keep you posted for the next Haven events!

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I thought it went very well, Sennah, especially in terms of attracting interested role-players. Thanks so much for all your hard work, and I look forward to the next one.

Sennah T' Nae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
It did go well Aedon, it was nice to see everyone come together for the event, I hope you get to stay for the next one. We even brought the UND back from the dead :p heheh.
Thank you everyone for making Haven Festival a success!!!