• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Have you ever called out of work...

Have you skipped work for something in UO

• Yes I have

Votes: 22 57.9%
  • No I have not

Votes: 16 42.1%

• Total voters

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Because of something in the game?

I ask only because today I came real close to doing exactly that because of the update.

dlo88

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not work, but when I was in middle and high school I called in sick to school a few times to pvp and do champ spawns.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Did years ago, was a job I wasn't exactly happy at, but I called out a couple of times to camp rather tasty IDOCs

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Once upon a time... way back in the day...

I was at work during the middle of the day. A coworker who also played called me at work and told me my account had been hacked and that someone was looting my house....

As I ran out the door I told my boss I had to go cause my house was being robbed!

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Once upon a time... way back in the day...

I was at work during the middle of the day. A coworker who also played called me at work and told me my account had been hacked and that someone was looting my house....

As I ran out the door I told my boss I had to go cause my house was being robbed!
You owe me a new phone. I just spit out red bull when I read this! :)

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have gone to work with 3 hours of sleep before... because of the game... more times than I would like to admit... now I'm too old to try that. (maybe)...

PaulCH

Journeyman
Many years ago, my brother and I used to work together. He had to stage an intervention because I was playing UO more than I slept and worked combined. Was a zombie at work and my chars ate more than I did :p

*Edit* The kicker is that it was him that introduced me to the game, got me addicted and then quit after about a month.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes, I did it once.

The day Malas was opening on Atlantic. It was set to open at a weird time like 11 AM on a weekday, so I called out of work to try placing an in town Luna house and to be part of the whole experience.

It worked, I placed the 3rd in town Luna house on Atlantic and still own it today. I even had time to place one of the first Umbra houses on a second account afterwards.

It was completely worth it!

:danceb:

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I used to play at work - but then got a promotion and transferred to new responsibilities. The new IT guy decided to put a sniffer on the network. Ah well. No more work-UO.

BUT

Living in Hawaii is not always that great, time differences suxxor. So there are many instances that I called the office so I could attend an event I organized, or someone else organized. The last time I did that, I actually took a whole week of PTO to organize and operate the Napa Valley Fall Faire... then the Spring Faire 6 months later. These were shard-wide events that lasted several days with multiple guilds hosting different mini events for the populace of the shard.

Damn... good times!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Pretty sure I did it the day Malas opened... the day SA opened... the day that all those IDOCs were falling... (Though I think I may have had surgery that time can't really remember)... I've done it for a few things.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I called out once for the massive IDOC day after housing was off for like a year and then when it was back on there was like 100+ IDOCs on every server. PvP was soo much fun that day.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Work, no, but I took a few "I'm staying home today" days in high school that ended up being sit and play UO days

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I blew off my wife's family reunion the weekend they opened housing in Trammel. 3 days of peace and quiet to enjoy my new sandstone patio house I placed.

So I voted yes, because pretending to like my in-laws is akin to work anyway.

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I called in sick for the AOS launch. I called the post office and had them hold my mail the day AOS was supposed to be delivered. Picked it up first thing in the morning and high tailed it back home so I didn't have to wait all day for it to be delivered. For some dumb reason I wanted to place an 18x18 on the road south of Luna instead of in town and i'm still kicking myself in the butt over it as there were plenty of places to choose from in Luna when I logged in.