• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Have they made a mistake during the DC merge

T

The Dark Sim

I looked at dc and notice land values are highly inflated 1 mil for a sand island and 1.5 for grass. Will people be able to move there lots and pocket the difference?

I

imported_Qute Pi

lol wow that is exxxxxpeeeensiiiive!

Lets hope its a mistake!
Either way I'm thankful to have some properties merging down the road. lol

T

The Dark Sim

I know its highly inflated but what if you own an island there and move to a cheap lot in ea land will they be able to keep the difference?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I know its highly inflated but what if you own an island there and move to a cheap lot in ea land will they be able to keep the difference?

[/ QUOTE ]
I have moved twice - neither time did I get re-imbursed for my old property, despite what the message says.
Not positive, but I believe I read that property sell back is disabled.

D

DGLita

You wont get anything back for moving, so no get rich quick schemes here im afraid

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Well , I can understand islands being expensive as there just aren't that many of them. However, the cost of other types of lots should be lower. I would hope as more land is merged to EA-Land the cost of land drops.

F

forsure01

Awwww one person did, LOL not me I don't have a million. Guess they think this would be a good money drain. 1 million = $1,000 real life money. Does anyone want to buy my premo Island in the City EA Land for a $1,000 real life money? OK didn't think so. And I am just kidding. But wow I could make some money on that.

T

The Dark Sim

I have for a long time known if you move a lot you pay a 2k fee and pay or receive the money difference depending on if the land you move to is more or less valuable than the one you currently own

G

<blockquote><hr>

Well , I can understand islands being expensive as there just aren't that many of them. However, the cost of other types of lots should be lower. I would hope as more land is merged to EA-Land the cost of land drops.

[/ QUOTE ]
Being somewhat less optimistic, I think the inflated prices are due to some left-over artifact of DC's "hard core"ness, and will be adjusted by the devs in due time.

Or not.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Awwww one person did, LOL not me I don't have a million. Guess they think this would be a good money drain. 1 million = $1,000 real life money. Does anyone want to buy my premo Island in the City EA Land for a $1,000 real life money? OK didn't think so. And I am just kidding. But wow I could make some money on that.

[/ QUOTE ]
If the island you're thinking about is the same one I am; it was not bought in EAzy Land - it was bought in DC (for considerably less money) and merged here.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

A private island in Second Life costs $1675 to "buy", and $295 per month "land fees" ... so those kind of sums aren't actually so outrageous when you compare to some of the other options out there.

G

Well all I can say is I hope they are going to start rentals, or the 1st custom content I'll be making is a swag.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I think the inflated prices are due to some left-over artifact of DC's "hard core"ness

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my first thought when I read this thread....DC has always supposed to have been 'hardcore' so it makes sense that those who want to move to that suburb in EA Land could expect the prices to be higher than they are in the other, regular, production cities. It could be that the inflated land prices are part of that. Time shall tell....if they fix it then we know it was a bug LOL.

G

<blockquote><hr>

That was my first thought when I read this thread....DC has always supposed to have been 'hardcore' so it makes sense that those who want to move to that suburb in EA Land could expect the prices to be higher than they are in the other, regular, production cities. It could be that the inflated land prices are part of that. Time shall tell....if they fix it then we know it was a bug LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right.. DC has always been a hardcore city so I would say those prices are correct...hense the term "hardcore".

G

A private island in Second Life costs $1675 to "buy", and $295 per month "land fees"

And don't forget the VAT for those who are lucky enough to live in Europe.

G

<blockquote><hr>

A private island in Second Life costs $1675 to "buy", and $295 per month "land fees"

[/ QUOTE ]I'm having a hard enough time paying my rent for my real-life apartment! How the heck someone can justify paying rent on a bunch of electrons on someone's hard drive representing virtual land... Well, that just blows my mind!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]I'm having a hard enough time paying my rent for my real-life apartment! How the heck someone can justify paying rent on a bunch of electrons on someone's hard drive representing virtual land... Well, that just blows my mind!

[/ QUOTE ]

The lucky ducks that aren't having a hard time making RL ends meet (certainly not me!). Some people actually have more money than they know what to do with.....part of that money is being made ON SL since SL has become an extremely lucrative 'cottage industry', becoming another online home-based business type thing. I've heard of alot of people who were able to quit their RL jobs and sit at home and make anywhere from $2000-$10,000 a month USD. If you're pulling in that kind of income, $200 a month for the land fees will seem more like a drop in the bucket than what it seems like to us, alot of friggin money to spend on pixels LOL.

M

mameloot

OK...I probably have no idea what I'm talking about,,,but I'm going to say it anyways

When I was looking for property back in the old legacy city I would come across completely vacant, unowned parcels that were way more expensive than the empty lot next to it. I was told it was because there had been a property on that lot before. The lot kept the property value of the old house, even though it was no longer there.

Could that be the case here?
If someone had previously built on that island - which is VERY likely for all private islands - doesn't that effect the future buying price of that plot of land?

Now I've heard that the inflated price is also true of the cities grass/sand lots. All of them? If so, sounds like a bug to me, or something that will be resolved. Probably due to demand of housing.

If they just created the city anew in EA-Land, then that could mean that almost instantly, every house with a property on it was bought - an incredible real estate demand that would drive up the property value equation.

I don't know - just hypothesizing

mame