• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Have I missed something...?

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
8 or so months ago (the last time I tried), I was able to gate a pet onto my boat. Tonight I tried and it wouldn't follow me thru the gate to my boat.

Has the High Seas Expansion caused this or what's going on?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kind of.
You could never gate onto a boat key, and initially the only way onto a new boat was by recall.

Till it was pointed out that there is no recall on Siege. You can now cast gate onto a ships key or rune - but it's not a true gate, it works, and sounds like a recall, so only bonded pets will follow you through it.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kind of.
You could never gate onto a boat key, and initially the only way onto a new boat was by recall.

Till it was pointed out that there is no recall on Siege. You can now cast gate onto a ships key or rune - but it's not a true gate, it works, and sounds like a recall, so only bonded pets will follow you through it.
Hi Petra, I'm honored that you would respond. However, I am currently gating off my boat key and seem to remember that's how I did it before.....

8 months ago, I was able to gate freshly tamed animals (not bonded) onto my boat. Has this been changed or what am I missing?

S

slim_the_dim

Hi Petra, I'm honored that you would respond. However, I am currently gating off my boat key and seem to remember that's how I did it before.....

8 months ago, I was able to gate freshly tamed animals (not bonded) onto my boat. Has this been changed or what am I missing?
I gated two unbonded pets onto my boats of the boat key, just a week ago so I guess it works unless I'm missing something in your question.

// Slim

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I gated two unbonded pets onto my boats of the boat key, just a week ago so I guess it works unless I'm missing something in your question.

// Slim
You're not missing anything, Slim.... But I tried 3 times to get a freshly tamed animal to follow me thru my gate onto the boat and he just would not do it...

S

slim_the_dim

You're not missing anything, Slim.... But I tried 3 times to get a freshly tamed animal to follow me thru my gate onto the boat and he just would not do it...
Well, come to think of it, it was actually not me who brought the animal on the boat, it was the tamer who tamed them. Maybe there's a difference.

// Slim

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I may be miss remembering. But I seem to remember the only way to get a pet onto a boat was to mark a rune on shore, gate from the boat to the rune and have the pets follow you back through that gate. Or walk it up the gangplank of course.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
here is a lame solution:
recall onto the boat, logout and log in again. The pets should be near you after that :p

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
here is a lame solution:
recall onto the boat, logout and log in again. The pets should be near you after that :p
Ahhh.... Ok, I was thinking they needed to be bonded to do that... (Sorry, not much of a pet person). :)

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
you have never been able to gate off a boat key.

either you do like listed above, recall and log out and in

or

you recall to the boat and open a gate to the spot where the pets are, go through and get them to follow ya back to the boat.

thats all there has ever been.

BUT, now with the new boats, you can gate to them from the runes they have.
(no keys)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there is also an interesting thing about the boat runes:
you can recall/gate on it with 0 magery and without reagents or lrc

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
really?

now that i didnt know.
sneaky way for a red with no magic or chiv on template to get around, hehe

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've been having the same issues with pets and not following my onto a boat. I've tried all the normal stuff such as opening a gate off a rune, book and second account. I think something has changed in the short while.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i was mucking around last night on a boat with 2 different tamers and had no problems at all.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wonder if its some security setting due to the high sea's. I was trying this on boats that I thought were pre-HS.