• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

HATS OFF TO THE DEVS...

• Thread starter GypsyJean
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
G

GypsyJean

I would like to tell the ppl behind making this game possible..how much I APPRECIATE there dedication,commitment and hard work to keep this game going. I've come to the conclusion those who constantly NAG about anything/everything that is done to keep TSO alive.. in my opinion, will never find satisfaction with this game, so to all you consistent NAGGING ppl leave the game, maybe then new ppl coming in to play, will not be greeted with your negative additudes and comments. We all get frustrated, but yet we all need to be paitent, can you imagine the frustration our devs have when they try something new to improve the game..and it goes wrong! another added fix to the long list of things that need to be done..its quite a shame they have to come to these post ..just to read more bashing of how much they dont care about the game. This is 1st grade stuff,last I knew 1st graders arent allowed to play this game. Now that i have ranted ,I'd like to see all who support our Devs in there many endless hours of effort to save our beloved TSO.... saluted. Add a POSITIVE post.

can't wait to see who is the first person to nag about the 247% skill rate today.lol

P

princessofsh

<blockquote><hr>

I would like to tell the ppl behind making this game possible..how much I APPRECIATE there dedication,commitment and hard work to keep this game going. I've come to the conclusion those who constantly NAG about anything/everything that is done to keep TSO alive.. in my opinion, will never find satisfaction with this game, so to all you consistent NAGGING ppl leave the game, maybe then new ppl coming in to play, will not be greeted with your negative additudes and comments. We all get frustrated, but yet we all need to be paitent, can you imagine the frustration our devs have when they try something new to improve the game..and it goes wrong! another added fix to the long list of things that need to be done..its quite a shame they have to come to these post ..just to read more bashing of how much they dont care about the game. This is 1st grade stuff,last I knew 1st graders arent allowed to play this game. Now that i have ranted ,I'd like to see all who support our Devs in there many endless hours of effort to save our beloved TSO.... saluted. Add a POSITIVE post.

can't wait to see who is the first person to nag about the 247% skill rate today.lol

[/ QUOTE ]

To bad it ended just now...back to 118%....which seems so mega slow to me.

D

DGLita

yes the devs do a great job, we had no contact with the devs during beta in 2002 and one of the things i really appreciate is that we can actually communicate with them and they listen to us.

It isnt the devs that people really take issue with, its the imperfections in the game that cause serious concern. Yes we are beta testing now, but the difference is this time we are paying to beta test whereas in 2002 we didnt. And not just the monthly subscription either, people are buying simoleans from EA to play this very bugged game, and losing that money. ATMs's should never have been activated whilst the game is so unstable. I bought 30 odd thousand for $35 real money and I have lost at least that much in bugged items that have had to be deleted, objects that have broken up and wont snap back together, objects that have turned into turkeys! for gods sake. I heard of one unfortuante whose mystic tree turned into a turkey.

L

Lucky Lisa

So let's all cheer at all other employees in our live *thank your for busting your baby-soft behinds for us*

They don't do it to please you, they work on this game to pay their mortgage instead of getting fired, a house and a car - well maybe two, depends if they have a working or stay-home spouse!

How about sending out a valentines card to your mothers banker?
compare him to maxis .. would be the banker that denied her last loan request lol

I bet your in 7th grade

I

imported_Qute Pi

I think we are all tired of negative posts (at least I am). It's pretty obvious that there are bugs and problems in the game, and it should be expected by now that every update will come with problems.

Above all I believe patience is necessary, so I too thank the dev's for the constant hard work...even if it doesn't always please us!

L

Lucky Lisa

some of em are just as fed up with positive threads

- reading above even more than with negative ones -

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

some of em are just as fed up with positive threads

- reading above even more than with negative ones -

[/ QUOTE ]

Well..I think there is a lot to be positive about.
-I still have my sim to come home to after a hard days work.
-I have even more sims to come home to after a hard days work.
-I have the opportunity to create new items in the game.
-I get to utilize my creativity more than I ever have...which was a lot.
-We get to keep all our rare items going into a brand new game.
-We get updated graphics and features to our game.
-I get to look forward to a 4 and 5 year gift, and possibly others.
-I get to remain in my city with the friends I love because of the merge.
-I get the opportunity to experience every change as it comes.
-I will be getting new sim goals to complete.
-I can continue making the fun I always have for my friends and I.
-I get to go to a Town Hall to ask questions I'm unsure about.
-I get to give my opinion about features of the game on the wiki.

All that compared to the occasional connection problem, and low payouts. Which are both well known to our community. No surprise there!
I'll stick to the positive threads. Its like a breath of fresh air around here lately.

L

Lucky Lisa

pi pi

pls don't quote me if your list has nothing to do with my post

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

pi pi

pls don't quote me if your list has nothing to do with my post

[/ QUOTE ]

It had everything to do with your post.

G

GypsyJean, that was a good post - seriously! It's nice and refreshing to read something positive here once in a while.

It's just too bad there are some people here who simply can't stand the fact that there are people here who are understanding of what's going on...

G

<blockquote><hr>

GypsyJean, that was a good post - seriously! It's nice and refreshing to read something positive here once in a while.

It's just too bad there are some people here who simply can't stand the fact that there are people here who are understanding of what's going on...

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, puhleeeze! Are you seriously suggesting that an opinion that is not "positive" is merely a case of sour grapes????

G

<blockquote><hr>

Oh, puhleeeze! Are you seriously suggesting that an opinion that is not "positive" is merely a case of sour grapes????

[/ QUOTE ]There's a huge difference between airing one's opinion - either positive or negative - and simply spewing vitriol beyond anything reasonable and for no reason whatsoever.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]There's a huge difference between airing one's opinion - either positive or negative - and simply spewing vitriol beyond anything reasonable and for no reason whatsoever.

[/ QUOTE ]
Your post does not make much of an effort to distinguish between the two - or even to point it out.
Nor are *you* the final arbiter on what is "reasonable" and what is not.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Your post does not make much of an effort to distinguish between the two - or even to point it out.

[/ QUOTE ]Nor you.

Sorry - I did not want to specifically name names; but the posts to which I refer exist in this thread, and this thread alone.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Nor you.

Sorry - I did not want to specifically name names; but the posts to which I refer exist in this thread, and this thread alone.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not that I don't agree that such people are a pain, but we all need to be careful not to paint the windows along with the windowpane.

A

angielynne

I do think that they devs work hard and are trying to make the game the best it can be, and I understand that that does take time. I also understand that people need to be able to voice their feelings and opinions about the changes and the game in general. The devs do need to know peoples response to changes so that they can keep what people like and re-tool what isn't working out. I think what needs to change is the attitudes that some people have. It is pretty easy to say I don't like A and B and then say why without the insults and personal attacks. I also think that people need to not post if they are just going to attack someones comments. If a person doesn't like what someone says then they need to get over it. This isn't the UN or congress, we can go play our Wii's, playstation's, or whatever, and chill out instead of arguing back and forth with people you don't even know. Some seem to see this board as a game unto itself.

G

<blockquote><hr>

It's not that I don't agree that such people are a pain, but we all need to be careful not to paint the windows along with the windowpane.

[/ QUOTE ]Agreed.