• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Has this happened before or something new?

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Redoing a few things in my castle, so I made house private and I live in Felucca.
Beetle had a load of items and was beside me, when all of a sudden it was outside killing something.

How the hell does a beetle get outside on its own when house is private and all doors are closed?
and being in Fel with a bug full of my precious items, I was not impressed.

Has this happened to anyone before and if so, this is a major problem so just be aware.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you tell it to "all follow me" when you were off it and do you have a ladder or anything to get inside other than the doors?

Sarak

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
that has happened to me and i agree with Djad, either a ladder open door or tele tile; the packys including a beetle are fast; i hope you didnt lose anything.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
aye this has happened to me but luckily the beetle wasn't loaded yet. it was targeted on something outside. there was no ladder, it just left castle and went after said creature

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've had this happen with a few of my pets. I honestly thought it was just another of UOs special little quirks.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Mine did that once but my castle has ONE spot it can just walk off the edge and by god my beetle found that one spot and off it went to kill a frost troll :/

edge.jpg

So if you've got ladders or have a customized floor without anything to block it, them beetles will find a way to get down! lol

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Thanks for the feedback everyone, appreciate it.:)

Yes I did tell it to follow me, almost a habit for me now a days.
I was in the middle room with no teleporter or nothing so he took off through a wall.
I was lucky I did not loose any items but very easily I could have, makes a person nervous to use beetle with this happening.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
well, it is a giant beetle after all. you really didn't think that silly block wall could stop it did you?