• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Chivalry] Has the Chiv change been taken back or changed???

arkanos

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don´t get it. Please correct me here if I am making a mistake (or have overlooked a change).

A while ago chivalry was changed so enemy of one gave damage based on your chiv level. Also consecrate would only proc 100% of the time at 80 chiv (and if I am not mistaken you needed exactly 84 chiv to get 50% damage increase from EoO against a target). I know there were more changes but these are the ones I would like to talk about.
After the change most samps and some other temps (ABC archers f.e.) had to raise their chivalry to be as effective as before the change.

Now I have an archer that has 65 natural chiv and is using a bracelet to get to 80. And I swear that my 80 chiv gave me a 46% damage increase through EoO after the change (thats the number I used to get when I moused over the buff icon).
I was VERY surprised when I moused over my buff icon today to find I had 50% damage increase at 80 chiv today. So I take my +skill jewel off - which puts me to 65 chivalry - and cast EoO again and.... the buff icon tells me 50% damage increase again.
Has this been changed again? Or is the buff icon bugged?

Casting consecrate weap gave me only a 75% to proc at 65 (while 100% at 80) and only lasted a little shorter than at 80 chiv.
So I guess the change is still in effect, but EoO does not seem to be scaled anymore (at least it did not drop below 50%).
Could someone with higher chiv maybe comment on this? To see if it goes higher or stays at 50% damage increase? Or maybe someone with even lower chiv to see if it can drop below 50% at all now?
Something has changed here and I would like to know if it is only the buff icon behaving or if the change has been taken back (at least partly).

Thanks,

Hephaistos of Europa

Deception

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems weird. I would def like to know if it has changed as well, as i was planning on building a 4/6 120 chiv toon soon.

On another note, are you supposed to be able to hover your buff icon in the classic client to see the stats? Because i dont get a popup when i do that. Could my client be bugged?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
You always see 50% right after casting EoO. You need attack an enemy to see real damage bonus on the buff icon.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You always see 50% right after casting EoO. You need attack an enemy to see real damage bonus on the buff icon.
This. Nothing has changed since pub 71. I find the EOO buff icon is a little buggy and doesn't always display the right value, but you definitely have to have engaged the property by hitting an enemy to see the correct value.