• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Has the best weapon skill guide on stratics been deleted?!

G

ok, so i made a new chara on a new shard. i've built weapons skills so many times its routine for me now. i click the link to my favorite skill guide-- Updated Skill Gain for AoS in the armsman forum-- and guess what? access denied. is there someone who HAS access? the forum is apparantly no longer in existance. i remember when they locked it. they said it would stay open for reference. what happened to that? i'm severely POed.

G

I'm on it...../php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

Please PM me the link you are referring to.

J

Jaimes

Cheers! I too would love for this guide to be shown here. I just reactivated my account and dropped my 105 fencing (45 now :p) to raise macing. I've gotten to ~50 macing so far, but the next 50 points are going to be long methinks w/o some ingenious solutions to skill gain /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

G

I am posting it now folks! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

Give me just a bit and I will have it here where it will be safe and sound!

E

EliteXGamer

I don't have access to all those nifty smiles or you all would see everyone of them posted here.

Thanks alot for liking my guide. I really appreciate it. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

G

Well, I managed to find the old guide.....but your NEW one will do, yes?

*points up to the new FAQ Builder thread*

G

ok..here's the old chart too !! <blockquote><hr>

This chart is made for those who wish to raise any of the following skills: Archery, Fencing, Mace Fighting, Swordsmanship, and Wrestling.
I've written this chart up based on all the creatures in the game. I'm only listing the creatures which I've found in large quantanties or in fast spawn. Therefore you will have an easier time raising your skill(s). I've also tried to avoid placing creatures with magic use on this list because some people just don't like fighting them.

To use this chart simply find the skill level you're at and work the creatures listed. You should not ever fight creatures above your listed skill because doing this will severly hamper your skill gain. If you are having trouble finding or fighting a creature listed move to a lower skill level creature. Do not move to much lower though. Never more than 15 points below your skill or you will not gain as often. Remember: To maximize your skill gains you need to use fast hitting weapons with low damage. I advise these weapons:

Archery: Repeating Crossbow
Fencing: Dagger
Mace Fighting: Magic Wand
Swordsmanship: Butcher Knife, Skinning Knife, Hatchet

**This list is AOS Approved**

The very first thing you should do is to buy your skill up into the 30s.

Headless Ones
Horde Minions
Shadow Wisps

Giant Rats
Mountain Goats

Zombies

Snow Leopards

Skeletons
Alligators

Corpsers

Ettins

Giant Spiders
Scorpions
Polar Bears

Black/Red Solen Workers

Lizardmen

Ratmen
Ratmen Archers

Boglings

Giant Ice Serpents
Giant Serpents

Drakes

Harpys
Ogres

Black/ Red Solen Infiltrator Warrior
Black/ Red Solen Warrior

Earth Elementals

Juka Warriors

Cyclopian Warriors

Ant Lion

Bone Knights
Skeletal Knights
Frost Trolls

Rotting Corpses
Ogre Lords

Giant Beetles

**100-120**
At these skill levels no new creatures can be added to the list. The best bet here is to stick with the creatures already listed. You can make it to 120 by combating Rotting Corpses and Ogre Lords but for best skill gains you should stick with Giant Beetles.

The reason I am not able to give you new creatures to battle past the mark of 100 is because currently in the game only 2 creatures have done such. They are the Dark Father and the Energy Vortex. These creatures have all made it to 120 skill and because of this they are not worth training on.

<hr></blockquote>