• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Has the ancient lich gone extinct, and why did they remove most puzzle chests in Khaldun?

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've gone and checked all locations I could remember, but there were no ancient liches spawning in Khaldun, and the old quest area in Ilshenar where some ancient liches uses to spawn has been blocked off. Or atleast I think they're blocked. Passwords to open doors no longer seem to work...

So have all ancient lich spawns been removed?..

Also, in Khaldun, there's only 2 remaining puzzle chests, nearby the ancient lich spawn, all other chests have been removed, the ones near the harrower, and the ones near the small cove with the mausoleum. I used to enjoy trying to fight my way through Khaldun to get some t-maps from those chests, but with only two chests out of the many surviving and the slow reset rate, it seems no longer being worthwhile...

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I've gone and checked all locations I could remember, but there were no ancient liches spawning in Khaldun, and the old quest area in Ilshenar where some ancient liches uses to spawn has been blocked off. Or atleast I think they're blocked. Passwords to open doors no longer seem to work...

Also, in Khaldun, there's only 2 remaining puzzle chests, nearby the ancient lich spawn, all other chests have been removed, the ones near the harrower, and the ones near the small cove with the mausoleum. I used to enjoy trying to fight my way through Khaldun to get some t-maps from those chests, but with only two chests out of the many surviving and the slow reset rate, it seems no longer being worthwhile...
Shhhh you know too much, he's onto you...

Honestly though i'm not sure, it's been awhile since i've searched for them. Wiki Ancient Lich - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics Community Forums says Khaldun but it might be dated info

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went looking for them to try and charm them when Time of Legends was first released, but I thought maybe my remembrance of where they spawned was faulty. It had been some time since I had been in Khaldun after all. I meant to go back and look some more but I had forgotten all about it.

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anci

Ancient Liches haven't spawned for a few years since they did that event where Khaldun was temporarily available in Trammel. I have been submitting bug reports to Mesanna for years about that but for some reason they won't or refuse to fix the spawn.They are more or less extinct now, but Dark fathers spawn them now. But there is no actual spawn spot anymore. =[

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Bleak @Mesanna where these meant to be removed?
This was done years ago by Sakkara. The event revamped the khaldun mobs to make them harder. The ancient lichens were " temporarily " removed for the event. But they never came back. Anyway submit a bug report on uo.com. I can't possibly be the only one that's been sending in bug reports on this. But they seem to refuse to fix it...

Lug

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only place left to find an ancient lich (at lest on Atlantic) is the Doom Gauntlet. The Dark Father has a chance to spawn them after it takes a certain amount of damage.

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There's is also a renowned ancient lich that spawns in a mini champ spawn in the Abyss.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I recall a exploit where you could "take" the puzzles home and farm them, or something similar a number of years back. I believe they changed them way back then and never came back around to address the issue, which would be largely mute in today's game.

I also enjoyed the AL, was a good place to farm as no one ever seemed to enter that area and provided a decent challenge all those years back.

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since it was unique to Fel I think it was a missed opportunity. When it first came out it did draw players but broken puzzles and lack of keeping the loot table up to date etc hurt it over the years. It's a prime example of a place in fel that could use some love. Put some thief content and some mobs that are worthwhile down there. I never understood why all the worthwhile stealables were in trammel rulesets only. I'm sure a lot of people have thieves they never use or at least have skills collecting dust on soulstones. There should be at least one spot
in the game where thieves can consistently thrive. I don't understand why the fel dungeon crawl can't be a thing.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ancient Lich hasn't spawned in Khaldun since the Stygian Abyss expansion came out in 2009.

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since it was unique to Fel I think it was a missed opportunity. When it first came out it did draw players but broken puzzles and lack of keeping the loot table up to date etc hurt it over the years. It's a prime example of a place in fel that could use some love. Put some thief content and some mobs that are worthwhile down there. I never understood why all the worthwhile stealables were in trammel rulesets only. I'm sure a lot of people have thieves they never use or at least have skills collecting dust on soulstones. There should be at least one spot
in the game where thieves can consistently thrive. I don't understand why the fel dungeon crawl can't be a thing.
I'm on board with this. Would love to see some more decor made available as stealables.. in either ruleset really, but it would fit Fel more and especially Khaldun.

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm on board with this. Would love to see some more decor made available as stealables.. in either ruleset really, but it would fit Fel more and especially Khaldun.
I don't think they'll ever revamp Khaldun, but if they do it would be nice if the remaining two puzzle chests would spawn higher level t-maps instead of level 1 to 4.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Why so Fel could be like Siege full of hiding stealthers? What would that solve?

You people keep claiming you all want all this PvP action but seems to me you just want more things to control on an over inflated market...

If PvP was what you all really wanted your focus should be on things that make PvP fun... fair... and more appealing. Not less appealing.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
There was a draft and now they all work for the Dark Fathers in Doom

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where was anything about PvP said in the post you quoted? Before you troll people's posts maybe you should at least read them. Why you troll every thread in regards to adding Fel content is beyond me. From the sound of all the posts you troll it wouldnt effect your playstyle in the least. Im assuming your a hardcore Trammelite. The only problem with Fel is that the only content added to fell since aos were spawns (WHICH ARE STILL WELL USED BTW) Adding content for skills rarely used is not a bad thing. Detect , stealing, tracking etc don't work in any meaningful or compelling way in trammel. Why troll something that has no effect on you whatsoever.
Why so Fel could be like Siege full of hiding stealthers? What would that solve?

You people keep claiming you all want all this PvP action but seems to me you just want more things to control on an over inflated market...

If PvP was what you all really wanted your focus should be on things that make PvP fun... fair... and more appealing. Not less appealing.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Where was anything about PvP said in the post you quoted? Before you troll people's posts maybe you should at least read them. Why you troll every thread in regards to adding Fel content is beyond me. From the sound of all the posts you troll it wouldnt effect your playstyle in the least. Im assuming your a hardcore Trammelite. The only problem with Fel is that the only content added to fell since aos were spawns (WHICH ARE STILL WELL USED BTW) Adding content for skills rarely used is not a bad thing. Detect , stealing, tracking etc don't work in any meaningful or compelling way in trammel. Why troll something that has no effect on you whatsoever.
VvV... Added items to TMaps that are exclusive to Fel... etc...

Why do you think I'm trolling it? Because I prefer not to have carrots added to Fel? I think it's a crap tactic added to lure people into participating in things they would clearly rather not... Whether you say it is or not that's what it is... and that's what you are asking for. It won't bring anything good except to add more stuff to try to draw people in to get PKed... Won't make anything more fun in Fel... will only serve to enlarge the divide... and breed more contempt for the facet you want to bolster.

I use detect and stealing all the time in Tram... And when I am scoping an IDOC I use Tracking as well...

Obviously you have never gone after the boxes in Exodus or down in Eodon... As you need Detect for those all the time...

Why add crap to a dead facet but to again.... lure people who'd rather not be there to it so you can take advantage of them.... otherwise you would ask that idea be put in Illshenar or Tokuno or the LL or somewhere else not exclusive to Fel that is also dead on content...

No one cries about those area's being vast wastelands.

Why not ask for it to be put into Deciet?? There is a dead area... Who goes there?

We have spiffy new jawbones that take us to places in Illshenar that NO ONE goes to...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What's funny is that leftovers from when the 2007 EM program was ended abruptly (right at the pivotal point in our events, and was never resolved) meant that until the situation was partially cleaned up in 2012, there were ancient liches, skeletal dragons and rotting corpses spawning just outside Luna's north gate on Lake Austin. I got several of my characters to knight of Honor on them (including my blacksmith!)

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
don't take him seriously, he gets triggered every time someone mentions felucca anywhere and then starts pouring out his felucca and PvP hatred all over the thread. It's useless discussing these things with him too....

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Didn't say anything about PvP. Just would like to see more for thieves, like every other thief. I still play champ spawn thief but it takes a lot of patience and the time investment is rarely worth the rewards. It'd be nice to have something more consistent to do other than scroll stealing and camping timed items.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fel is not totally ignored as regards stealables. Wrong has a couple, Blackthorn's too; there's the VvV sigils of course, and town stealables, also would you like to guess which facet this video was made on?

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All Paragons have a chance of dropping paragon chests
Unless it's changed, I thought only t-maps dropping paragons could drop paragon chests?

I know that Miasma drops paragon chests but doesnt carry a paragon title.

I also know that non-paragon dark wisps drop paragon chests as loot.

Hence I was wondering if these "purified blood elemental" mobs behave the same as dark wisps, as they're red named mobs, similar to dark wisps.

Anonymous UOPlayer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Unless it's changed, I thought only t-maps dropping paragons could drop paragon chests?

I know that Miasma drops paragon chests but doesnt carry a paragon title.

I also know that non-paragon dark wisps drop paragon chests as loot.

Hence I was wondering if these "purified blood elemental" mobs behave the same as dark wisps, as they're red named mobs, similar to dark wisps.
All Paragons can spawn Paragon Chest. You correctly note that Miasma also does -- my guess is that the code thinks it is a Paragon.

I don't know what you mean by "behave the same as dark wisps." Can you explain? There are several red mobs but they are scattered about and all behave differently. (Every brigand, every raider, Tyball's Shadow, every once in awhile an EM monster, a few other things I forget.)

The purifying thingies are part of a quest. They sapwn an awesome loot called blood vials or something. Sadly it's timered because it's part of the quest. They should be un-timered (along with Peerless and Exodus keys).

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Miasma (and other ML named monsters) are considered paragons, as was stated when the expansion was new. You can get chests from any of them that have t-maps in their non-named form (which means that Rend and Putrifier can have chests, but not Swoop, for example). The uber-powered Dark Wisps, that were introduced as part of a yearly global quest chain, also qualified, though after their release, their chest levels were reduced a step or two.