• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

has spelling changed?

• Thread starter imported_lord richard
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_lord richard

What I'm seeing these days is "teh" for "the", I understand that we are not all native english speakers, and that not withstanding, everything else is spelled correctly in the post, so I must consider that the spelling of "the" has been changed to "teh".

thank you

P.S. please don't move this to rants..it's just an observation. The event is boring me to trivial observations I wouldn't normally be consumed by.

P.P.S. I think teh blackrock is infecting me in teh worst possible way

K

Kurgan

Sound like a case of dyslexia, it happens to the young ones these days..
Get typing 100+ words a min.. Bound to be some mistypes in there some where.

I

imported_lord richard

i think ill go check the temp of my refrigerator, it's probably off too

then the air pressure in my hot air balloon

oh wait i dont have one

it's the blackrock, it took it all from me

G

lol, someone needs more to do.

Just an educated guess but I would say what you have there is someone whos mind is able to fly across the keyboard faster than their fingers can accuurately keep up. That or someone who has observed this phenomenon enough that they have made it a new "urbanization" or "webinization" just because they can. *shrugs*

I myself do not hear the voices, having prudently placed tallow in the ears of my soul.

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"teh" is acceptable to me.

"N00b, l33t, r00xor.. ect" thats for FL, and other sub-human life-forms.

Lord Sir Scott

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Consider it as sort of slang
. And the lack of spellchecker in Fourms and such...

If you look hard enough you will notice a whole bunch of internet Typos like that...
If i recall a reading of a post somewhere, there is a whole "Language" In the sense of these typos
Scarey thing is i have seen really bad posts in this manner,and i was able to read them no problem...
Years of Internet + Reading posts in this way = Comprehension

I

imported_lord richard

This is true, I once read a post where the poster intentionally switched a couple of letters in every word, and it was readable...seems the brain can make out the words even when jumbled like that...it was very strange indeed.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I could have sworn it was RoXxOr!

A blatant abandonment of self to the shift key I always perceived as foundational to 733T 5P3aK! But I could be M15TaK3n.

I

imported_Lady Tiger

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not FL but I had to laugh at this one. Thank you for the giggle

I

imported_Sarphus

<blockquote><hr>

P.P.S. I think the blackrock is infecting me in the worst possible way

[/ QUOTE ]

you misspelled "teh"!

The becomes teh because a lot of people have mild dyslexia (myself included). I've always had mild dyslexia, but like many dyslexics, what I lost with my dyslexia I gained in other areas. Like many dyslexics; I also have ADD, which tends to come with an analytical mind. I'll gladly have learning disabilities if it comes with useful analytical skills (which it did)

I

imported_Sarphus

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I could have sworn it was RoXxOr!

A blatant abandonment of self to the shift key I always perceived as foundational to 733T 5P3aK! But I could be M15TaK3n.

[/ QUOTE ]

That depends on what dialect of 1337 you speak. It's kinda like British English and American English. They spell "Armour" while we spell "Armor". Well some of us spell "Armor", while others just can't spell the word lol. We American's aren't known for being good spellers.

G

I call it finger dislexia. I type what I think and sometimes my fingers don't translate it well to the keyboard. It is all my fingers fault, I know what I am trying to say. I still have a problem with the words No One. many people type it here as "noone" which is yidish for your nose. "No one" is two words not one.

G

teh for the
Niece for nice
Your for youre
Am for Im

and
bnak for bank all the time

How many times have I typed bnak over and over cause Im typing faster then Im thinking.

For me its not dyslexia, its laziness.

I

imported_Coppelia

<blockquote><hr>

I call it finger dislexia. I type what I think and sometimes my fingers don't translate it well to the keyboard. It is all my fingers fault, I know what I am trying to say. I still have a problem with the words No One. many people type it here as "noone" which is yidish for your nose. "No one" is two words not one.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah it's just when you're typing fast and you're watching at the monitor and not the keyboard, sometimes you miss a character, replace it by the next one (like for the famous "pwn" word), and sometimes as you're typing with both hands the character you type with left hand don't insert well between the characters typed by right hand.

However don't mix it with blatant problems of spelling like rouge for rogue, seige for siege, rediculous for ridiculous, etc. When the spelling mistake comes back everytime, it's not a problem of typing anymore!

G

I tend to type way too fast in a way it slows me down having to go back and fix everything. Mozilla firefox helps with my spelling but if I try a word too many times and there is still a line under it I give up vs pulling a dictionary. I figure any educated person would understand what im trying to spell in the end. Spelling has never been one of my strong points.

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not sure who you are referign to but wiht english as a second language and a touch of dyslexia, hitting the spell check doesnt always happen

I

imported_Desolation87

Seems like capital letters for a title has changed aswell.