• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Has something changed for greater Cure potions in the last year or 2?

• Thread starter shawnee6d
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

shawnee6d

A while ago (say 2 or 3 years give or take) when poisoned level's 1-4, I'd use 1 maybe 2(but rarely) greater cure potions with my warrior char (no magic or alchemy) and that would do the trick. If I wanted to avoid almost entirely the possibility of being poisoned I'd use an orange petal and poof, poison risk would drop to nearly zero.
I'd been poisoned level 5 only a couple of times and both times, no amount of greater cures would save me, level 5 poison meant I was as good as dead and my char just took a couple seconds to figure it out.

Fast forward to now:
when dealing with silver serpents, using my warrior character that again has zero magic, 0alchemy, no Enhance potion, greater cures appear to be much, much less effective. I end up going through them like a junky tryiing to make candy act like heroin. I used to carry 10 Greater Cures and that was enough to mostly hande 10 poinsening's, now I'm lucky if it handles 1.

Is it just me or did poisen strength/Greater Cure effectiveness change? Is there a way to improve Greater Cure effectiveness without wasting skill points on alchemy for my warrior char?

I craft my pots with my alchemy char who's GM, store them in a barrel and my warrior pulls them from that barrel.

Any thoughts? Orange petals seem to help some, but once poisened, at least from silver serpents, Greater Cures don't seem very effective at all.

$NOTE:
I'd taken a break from UO for a while and have been back on for a couple months now. Lot's of new and interesting changes, things to do, etc. AS always, I end up spending more time on UO than a well disciplined geek should ever do:) and of course am having an absolute blast doing so:)

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know the answer to your question but things I would do include make sure suit had max poison resist, make sure those are greater cures and not regular cures, get a suit with higher hit point increase, get jewelry with EP, get a weapon that kills the silver serpents faster, Use the orange petals constantly and have lots of cures. I spent a lot of time about a year ago collecting sivler serpent venom and never had a problem.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went out and killed a bunch of silver serpents just to see what difference it made. With orange petals it took 2 greater cures to cure so yeah it changed. Used to be one greater cure. Also it seemed to take forever to get posioned. I killed like 30 or 40 silver serpents and only got poisoned once. What's up with that? I'll go kill some more and see if I can get poisoned again.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok so went back out and killed a few more and got poisoned numerous times. I guess it was rng luck before. With orange petals allready consumed it takes one potion or no potions with a bandage heal (100 healing) or sometimes the orange petals work by themselves or sometimes it takes 2 potions so it hasn't changed to any great extent that I can tell. But then it's hard to tell when you have 2 silver serpents and 3 snakes biting you. With a snake slayer dagger it takes 2 hits to kill them but the real problem comes form loss of stamina due to damage so you need to carry refresh potions. When your stamina is down you can get real problems. I did this on my treasure hunter who has 100 fencing ,100 healing ,100 anatomy, 100 tactics and nothing else useful