• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Mining] Has mining been nerfed?

ziggy29

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lately when I go mining I get a LOT more regular iron (and dull copper) than I used to. Even when I find a "colored" vein, with 100 Mining and +5 gloves of mining it seems like I get mostly iron. Also, it seems like a *lot* more mining spots give out regular iron than I can ever recall. And when I use a Gargoyle pickaxe because I know there is some higher grade ore in there, it's still giving me iron way more than half the time.

Anyone know if the devs have changed the code for mining so more regular iron is produced?

V

vinque

As far as number of colored nodes I have noticed no difference lately. Unfortunately, I can speak to the amount of colored ore vs iron ore when mining a colored node. I use GP almost exclusively so I expect a "good chunk" of my colored ore to come from an elemental so I don't notice how much I dig up. My poor results occur when I have that streak of few or no elementals.

Noble Beast

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are not alone, ziggy. I am just grateful to not be alone in noticing it. I use GPs nearly everyday in our Mining Camp & I have noticed the same thing that you have. It may have been an unintentional side effect of the new T-Hunter/Map changes?

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have started a new miner (actually my old miner that passed his mining to my wannabe t-hunter *g*) and havent seen any differences. At my latest rounds in my favorite mining area, it felt that someone strip mined all colored ore spots down to iron. After a few rounds (and several spots changing colours) it seems to look normal again to me. Might be that more ppl were training mining for the t-hunter changes and were looking mainly for coloured ore for better smelting gains.
@ziggy: Do you use a prospectors tool befor you use a garg pick? That way you could upgrade most spots by two levels and get at minimum shadow from all spots. (While it sounds silly at first, shadow is in higher demand than copper and bronze. A good number of pof-bods require shadow.)

ziggy29

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@ziggy: Do you use a prospectors tool befor you use a garg pick? That way you could upgrade most spots by two levels and get at minimum shadow from all spots. (While it sounds silly at first, shadow is in higher demand than copper and bronze. A good number of pof-bods require shadow.)
Yes, I do, assuming I want shadow iron (which I occasionally do). But I usually save it for higher grade ores.

tehfloof

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just returned recently after 3 years and found that ore spots are random now. however i found two veins that yeilded the same ore over and over.