• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Has LoA affected the UO population?

croy6325

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
havent been on UO in a few months, and noticed that Legends of Aria just launched which many consider to be UO2. I was thinking of trying it out, but i think i'm tied more toward UO cuz of nostalgia.

my question, has there been a noticible decline in players or is everything still status quo? i play Atlantic btw

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
On Europa we saw more of an effect when the WoW expansion launched, I haven't heard anyone say they were playing LoA, not in our alliance anyway. But then most of us are not into PvP.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I tried out LoA when it was Shards... It stunk... and the graphics are too cartoonish... couldn't do it.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know Siege lost some people to League of Legends I think, never played it, but I've never heard of LoA, but I"m only a part time nerd, I don't keep up with all of the games.

Haddy G

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my question, has there been a noticible decline in players or is everything still status quo? i play Atlantic btw
Pacific has had returning players in the past month. Just noticed that LoA is a full loot game regardless of how you die in game i.e. doesn't matter if you pvp or not. Probably be a turn off for most (good for crafters though). But having modifiable servers is a interesting concept.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ya I agree with people here. Wow expansions seem to have more of an effect than LoA. I tried LoA very briefly and didn't care for it. EJ does seem successful to me because I see more returning players than I usually see this time of year.