• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Has Jack been buffed?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Kyronix @Bleak

Lake Austin:

Appears to be same Jack that existed since early this morning, when we left Jack at about 4 am Eastern. Maintenance and publish have happened since, but Jack was still up at 11 AM, according to the people who have been fighting it off and on for 10 hours or more.

Currently 8:30 PM.

Jack is currently taking far less damage, moving faster, and is regenerating faster than he did when the three of us had to bail for sleep 16 hours ago.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
there seems to a difference but not positive. may not be just jack. is he a paragon?

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sonoma is now stuck and can't kill the fairy changeling since the patch.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Jack (Pumpkin King) spawned as a Paragon? Pretty sure he was the only one that couldn't. The Jack in the Box can though.
Hmmm... could be twisting them in my ever aging mind honestly, would not be the first time senility has won out :) . Will have to read up on it tomorrow seem to remember Kyronix mentioning it in a thread somewhere and too late tonight for me to sift though the endless posts to find it lol.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jack has been lasting a long time on LS for the last few days. Players are finally leaving him alone and getting drops instead.

I could see that 3 people would have trouble with Jack. Would have to get him in the hall entry and put pets on it and ignore the spawn.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ive seen all the bosses as Paragon's except Jack so far.
last time i heard everything that spawned in Ilsh could spawn as a Paragon, no?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*sighs*

People. Seriously. Farm the rooms and stop trying to kill the damn bosses. You will enjoy tolerate this event so much better, and get waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more drops, if you do.

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have seen Jack Paragon 2 or 3 times on ATL. Been hoping to get a chest off of him. He needed a buddy so we could get more chances at origin drops. On ATL the bosses last 2 to 5 Minutes. Alot of time they don't even make it 2 minutes. Wish they had been given a Doom Artifact code. As it stands they are just a useless timer.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
*sighs*

People. Seriously. Farm the rooms and stop trying to kill the damn bosses. You will enjoy tolerate this event so much better, and get waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more drops, if you do.
If you mean by "more" you mean EXTREMELY LESS, you might be onto something. Otherwise, you're funny.

On my shard, not killing the boss means he kills you a lot and keeps you from killing the spawn. We TRIED your suggestion - I got several times more by doing the rooms and killing the boss when it came up, than farming a room with the boss up. There were multiple reasons - probably tied to shard size and the number of participants.

1. In the small rooms (1-4, 6-8), the boss won't leave you alone, and summons go right after it. AoE makes the boss come after you even more often. All that results from trying to ignore it is a higher number of deathrobes, not event drops. However, there's nothing stopping you from AoE on the spawn while fighting the boss with a pet or summons.
  2. In the Library (Room #5, with the Redneck Tree), the tree dies too easy, so you'll eventually kill it whether you want to or not.
  3. In Jack's room, despite its size, Jack WILL find you, and teleport to you - before teleporting back to the center of the room to change to a different target. When we tried farming the spawn there, again all we really farmed were death robes. I had to rez people about 5 times as much, get rezzed 2-3 times as much myself, and got about the same number of drops as I did from killing incidental spawn people dragged in while fighting Jack and killing him in 1/3 the time that we were farming. Paragons are especially bad about chasing people into the hall, and I had a better kill-to-death ratio fighting them in the hall WITH Jack as they came in, than trying to fight them in the room where people would get swarmed under.

BTW, addendum to the original report.

1. Jack was NOT displaying paragon (I think we've seen him paragon once), but he was sure fighting as if he was.
  2. We would fight him twice more after we finally killed him that time, and he was far easier those times.
  3. HOWEVER, he was taking far less damage from summons than he had in the past, and it took bringing in tamers with pets to kill it in a timely fashion.
  4. Jack is also EXTREMELY dispel-happy now - he wasn't like that before. We'd have more summons mass dispelled in 15 minutes than we had in an entire hour-long fight with Jack before the publish (and the earlier fight had twice as many summons on him)

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you mean by "more" you mean EXTREMELY LESS, you might be onto something. Otherwise, you're funny.
875 drops as of Sunday. Those are just the ones I've turned in. I've learned how to better my odds.

Notice how I didn't say to ignore the bosses, I said stop trying to kill them. Sure, the bosses in rooms 2, 4, 6 & 8 are physically hard to ignore...but rooms 2 & 4 are a massive waste of time anyway (and thus it makes sense to kill them quickly). It also doesnt help that the elf, the tree and the serpent are complete pushovers, but their rooms are some of the best spawn-wise.

Just don't intentionally try to kill the bosses in the best rooms. Set a tanky pet on them and try to avoid a cluster of summons (as best you can). There will be deaths, it happens. People just need to pay some attention to what is going on around them and not regularly let fans and poop collide.

Last week, a group of ~6 on GL managed to keep the fairy occupied at the north end of the room for nearly 3 hours. We raked in the drops. It was difficult at times, sometimes getting rather chaotic, but we perservered. I have to believe that other shards are capable of this as well.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If my shard hadn't had over a week of no spawn, I'd probably be at similar numbers of drops.

But, still, I get far more drops from getting the rooms to change to where I can work spawn uninterrupted, than trying to ignore an uber-mob trying to kill me and everyone else in the area - As if the paragon balrons, blood/poison eles, blood foxes, lich lords and Grimms need any help (the para Grimms are especially nasty - it takes 2 people 2 Rising Colossi each, recasting after the first falls, plus spells to have a chance to kill one, and they are almost as fast as a player).

BTW, anyone experiencing an oddity with Room #4, the one with the 4 pentagrams?

If we have 1 to 3-4 people, we get Balrons, demons and blood foxes like crazy.
More than 4 people (and possibly with 4 as well), NO Balrons & blood foxes spawn, and demons are rare.

It should be the other way, if the spawn is in any way scaled.