• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) Has it really been 10 years now?

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
**** Gently pushes on door... hobbles into dimly lit room. Sitting down at a small table, with only a single candle barely burning, reaches for the last bottle of ale in a very weathered backpack. Rubbing chin just before popping the cork, a sudden realization settles in... Has it really been ten years? ****

One of the oldest games still in existence (to my knowledge anyway) many have found friends, good times, fun adventures and for some, even met the love of their life ... and have seen the lost of a fellow gamer. One of which, was a man who went by the name "Grog" . I'm not one for being the poetic writer, but I'm giving this a shot here... I think Grog would have really had fun with all the changes now in UO. Some of us embrace them, some of us scorn them. But if your reading this, one thing is for certain... There really is no other game quite like Ultima Online. I am by FAR no "amazing gamer" ... but I do enjoy playing. And I enjoy the people I've met through this game. Grog .... If your out there somewhere, somehow, this one's for you.

**** Chugs down the bottle of rather poor quality ale, rubbing the froth from lip a smirk, and small tear find it's way down cheek. A memory comes to mind... follow Grog's first rule ... simply .. "Have fun" ! Grabbing some cured meat from a small pouch, lays on table for any that may wish for a free meal... A pleasant evening to all who remember our friend Grog. ****

Grog, his story.