• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Has anyone played UO on an Eee PC?

deadite

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm intrigued by the Eee ultra-portable Asus. I know you can load Windows XP on it to replace the standard Linux OS, so I wondered if anyone here has played with it and tried to run the 2D client?

In essence, it's a 900mhz Celeron with 512MB-1GB of RAM and only a flash drive for storage (which can be expanded in some models). I'm guessing it wouldn't run very well, but I'm a gadget geek and a UO player, so I just had to ask.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASUS_Eee_PC

Seems like the closest we may ever get to playing UO on a handheld!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'm intrigued by the Eee ultra-portable Asus. I know you can load Windows XP on it to replace the standard Linux OS, so I wondered if anyone here has played with it and tried to run the 2D client?

In essence, it's a 900mhz Celeron with 512MB-1GB of RAM and only a flash drive for storage (which can be expanded in some models). I'm guessing it wouldn't run very well, but I'm a gadget geek and a UO player, so I just had to ask.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASUS_Eee_PC

Seems like the closest we may ever get to playing UO on a handheld!

[/ QUOTE ]

That system would run UO absolutely fine.

I know someone that plays UO okay on a 166mhz monster of a laptop. I'm absolutely sure your Eee can handle it.

deadite

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice... I haven't tested UO on any older hardware in the last couple of years. I know I started playing on a Pentium 75mhz.

I haven't bought the Eee yet, but I'm leaning towards it... even more if I can play UO. The low resolution on the screen definitely won't hinder my abilities to run 2D fullscreen either.