• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Has anyone heard of a new game called "Legends of Aria" ?

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems to be like a UO 2.0 type of game, actually looks pretty cool...

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I heard it was customizable and a small indie team was doing an UO game on it

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Still looks extremely cartoonish... I couldn't play it for long...

I won't go into all the other reasons I didn't like that game... but the very cartoonish look was a big one.

Chazztizer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have played for near 2 years and cant wait for steam early release this Dec. Its alot like UO because it is done by some of the original Uo Devs........

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I was quite interested in Aria until someone told me it's very PvP-centric so since I would suck at PvP I guess I will give it a miss. Shame they seem to have totally abandoned the PvE server for now.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still looks extremely cartoonish... I couldn't play it for long...

I won't go into all the other reasons I didn't like that game... but the very cartoonish look was a big one.
The game looks way to pre-fabricated for me. One of the things I hated about WoW was the pre-fab look. Seeing the exact same model 400,000 times ruins the immersion for me. Way too many of these indie type mmo's & regular games are going with this look.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The game looks way to pre-fabricated for me. One of the things I hated about WoW was the pre-fab look. Seeing the exact same model 400,000 times ruins the immersion for me. Way too many of these indie type mmo's & regular games are going with this look.
I know how you feel that's what drew me to playing Black Desert Online... the graphics are amazing. But it can still have some repetitives in it... but it's not as blatantly obvious as many games and it has a team that does regular updates every week.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems to be like a UO 2.0 type of game, actually looks pretty cool...

Was hyped when it was called Shards years ago, started by former UO devs I liked a lot like Draconi (who seems to have left the project early on), backed it on KS. The original idea being everyone could have their own little world (as well as predeveloped worlds to play) they could easily mod with built in tools, but from what I understand it didn't work, so they rebranded it, and it seems it ended up an uninspired and uninnovative scavenge job. Pass.

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was quite interested in Aria until someone told me it's very PvP-centric so since I would suck at PvP I guess I will give it a miss. Shame they seem to have totally abandoned the PvE server for now.
There can be servers of any sort. No one abandoned anything. I can be whatever

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I mean the devs are not making an Aria PvE only server any more, I guess others can make them but it's not really the same as an official one.
I looked at Shroud of the Avatar when it was being made and very quickly saw that it wasn't for me, shame though.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I tried it....boring AF.

I literally ran from one town to the next and saw ONE TROLL.

There are not enough animals/monsters/anything to keep you interested.

Same flat land non stop...... The AI of the monsters is terrible. Beyond terrible. Hard pass.