• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] Has anyone figured out Topiaries?

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe a bug?

I got seeds from five characters (black, white, fire) and out of the 75 seeds I only got one hedge, a small one. I'm seeded out. I used GM made clippers on a large hedge planted in magincia (GL backup), and "give resources" clippers on the small hedge (Pacific backup, current). Both hedges became clippings...hm.

Okay, here's the thing, I guess. Do the hedges need to still be alive, or, not in deco mode? Hm. Anyone figure topiaries out yet? ;P

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe it only works with the natural colored ones from the “particular” collection. I had been working to test this one myself because I do a very fair trade in hedges and plants of all sorts… but the shard was whipped clean so they where short of being mature. (Thanks a lot staff.) :sad4:

I saw the ones on the New Haven bank roof and they are so amazingly ugly… I wouldn’t have them. hehe

Those stone statues were so much nicer, on the photo’s I saw, but I optioned not to go through all the work of getting the book and mining for hours to collect stone. Can't wait to see those. Even if you don’t buy the additions (not that I will), I hope we can still have them. :popcorn:

BBWolf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi, "Okay, here's the thing, I guess. Do the hedges need to still be alive, or, not in deco mode?" from G.V.P.

The answer is, Hedges need to be decorative mode. Or after the 9th day you dont want to grow or take care of this plant anymore because im going on vacation. So you click that button. Now i tried it with a short hedge and a tall hedge so they are in two different sizes. However, once you cut them to a Goblin topiary or a Llama one, its the same size not smaller or larger, REGARDLESS of what hedge short or tall. SAME SIZE.

Single click the pink plant clippers. It gives you 3 options.
1st. Clip plants (Staining dyes)
2nd. Clip plant reeds (Basketweaving)
3rd. Clip plant into Toparies (Rustic Booster) Gives you 4 options, 2 Goblins plants, facing south and east. Plus 2 Llama plants facing south and east.

Since Pacific got copied to TC1, all my seeds in my house were copied. If players are interested to try it out for themselves, i'll sell these short and hedges seeds on my vendor at Trammel Magincia (Southwest 4 plot) Vendor mall at 10 gold per seed) All these vendors are Alphabetized. And are on the letter "S"....vendor for SEEDS. I'll start adding seeds for players to buy starting on June 1st 2011. Wednesday.

To grow the seeds without waiting 7 to 9 days... Get a plant bowl with dirt. Plant seed. Open the plant growing window so you see the plant and drop plant on floor. (WITH THE PLANT WINDOW SHOWN) then SAY "GROW_PLANT" Repeat process and take care of your plant. Once it reaches 9th day set Hedges (or plant) in decorative mode. Use clippers to make a Goblin / Llama Topariy. Good luck players!

(I used 2D client. I dont have Enhanced Client installed at the moment).

P.S. This is normal peculiar plant. If anyone has a color hedge that might be more appealing to use. The green color is okay but a Black, Rare Red, or White hedge has NOT TESTED YET.

The End.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks BBWolf--I've only tested black, white, and fire, so I think what EvilPixie was suggesting may be true--you have to just use normal green hedges :(.

Both of mine were in decorative mode, but one was white the other black. I'll have to test normal color green.