• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Harrower Tips & Tricks

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Since we've got a thread going about a Public Harrower, this thread is for any tips, tricks, hints or strategies for surviving/completing the Harrower spawn.

The biggest #1 Tip I've got for everyone is to remember, THIS IS FEL. First and foremost, don't bring along anything that is not insured or blessed or that you can't stand to lose. While it's being made clear that every effort possible will be made to safeguard the players, there's no reason to be foolish. Travel light so you have more room to haul out gold and scrolls! If insurance money is a problem, I'm sure there are many of us who would be more than happy to help out. The goal is to have FUN! No need to worry about lost items.

Second, being as this is Fel, you have the unique problem of "push through". Try not to get yourself boxed into a corner that you can't get out of. Fields, players, summons, etc. all present the possibility of unintentionaly trapping you due to push through. If you can bring along refresh potions or if you can cast Divine Fury, it will help tons.

OK, that's my two cents to get the ball rolling. Next?

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
From the few that I've attempted to do with my guild, Mages and Archers seem to be the best as they keep distance from the Harrower. You still need to beware of being teleported next to it, though.

Myself, I'll most likely be bringing my Chiv/Archer, Anya.

S

Shotgun

If you stand 1 tile away from it you wont have to worry about it teleporting you, you will still get hit by wither attacks but you can heal through those. its best to have a super dragon tank it and mages stand back and heal it. Archers, Mages, Tamers are all good templates to use against it. It would also be a good idea to have at least 1 char that is 120 music/discord to discord it and make things alot easier with the tentacles.

Have extra bandys pots etc laying on the ground for those unfortunate ones who die to the harrower because he will "blow up" your corpse and you will see body parts laying on the ground and you wont have a corpse to go back to, so you will lose any and all uninsured items like bandys pots etc.

Ill post more later and hopefully so will some others

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can bring Victania, then, if we're in need of a Discordance. She's got two dragons, and they're both semi-trained. I just need to look at which will be better to bring.

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I would also suggest that anyone capable start working up Compassion now. If you need help with gates and such, contact me and I'd be happy to help out. Compassion will allow mage rez, noble sacrifice, etc. to rez someone to almost full health. It's especially impressive when someone does Noble Sacrifice and gets up a whole group with almost full health! *grins*

Also, Anne is Legendary Mage/Peacer but I have another character who is 4x Legendary Bard that I can bring instead if needed. Since I'm planning on coming in a purely supportive role, just let me know what template we need most.

One other thing, if people who aren't archers have blessed quivers they can bring along with arrows or bolts, it's especially helpful for archers to resupply when needed. In addition, bandy summoning talismans are VERY useful to lend a hand with tamers and warriors who heal with bandies.

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh good point! We should make sure we have someone as a supply "holder" someone who is only support to have bandies, etc in case our bodies get blown up

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I kill em toe to toe on my dexer :) But I'm pro!

And as Anne already stated it is fel of course, please check your items and bank boxes for proper insurance. Have a friend double check to be safe. Corpses can & will explode and all contents of those corpses do get lost.

S

Shotgun

Oh good point! We should make sure we have someone as a supply "holder" someone who is only support to have bandies, etc in case our bodies get blown up
the reason i say lay them on the ground is just in case the "supply" holder accidentally gets too close and gets killed then blown up all the supplies are gone. if you want to have a supply holder i suggest someone with hiding and stealth that can sit away from the battle zone.

Cutter

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
have a bushido pvm dexer or archer get honor off on it before its damaged (both forms) and that will cut the time it takes to kill it in half.

Then just have a mage invis said dexer...and put all the pets on it first (super drag or cu works best to tank)

Good to have a few beetles there too, for the armour corruption, and of course a discorder...

Also, If I'm not mistaken, at least the first form (possibly both forms, cant remember) can be TARGET peaced...so target peace it rather than area peace (which will make all the pets stop hitting it too!).

One more tip...if you have a dexie tanking it, have a necro stand back and continuously blood oath the dexie. This would work on a pet tanking it too. A superdragon it might not matter so much, but if you have a dexie tanking it...once the harry blood oaths him he is pretty well toast. Keep him blood oathed yourself and the harry cant =)
I imagine you all will ahve so many people there that it wont matter waht method you use to kill it tho :)

G

GirlPower

have a bushido pvm dexer or archer get honor off on it before its damaged (both forms) and that will cut the time it takes to kill it in half.

Then just have a mage invis said dexer...and put all the pets on it first (super drag or cu works best to tank)

Good to have a few beetles there too, for the armour corruption, and of course a discorder...

Also, If I'm not mistaken, at least the first form (possibly both forms, cant remember) can be TARGET peaced...so target peace it rather than area peace (which will make all the pets stop hitting it too!).

One more tip...if you have a dexie tanking it, have a necro stand back and continuously blood oath the dexie. This would work on a pet tanking it too. A superdragon it might not matter so much, but if you have a dexie tanking it...once the harry blood oaths him he is pretty well toast. Keep him blood oathed yourself and the harry cant =)
I imagine you all will ahve so many people there that it wont matter waht method you use to kill it tho :)
Great idea on the blood oath, never thought of that.:thumbup1:

A

Ashlen

Everyone needs to know this is a 3 step process.

You have the Harrower(1) first, which I think is the hardest to kill.
You will have to constantly be telling your pet to
retarget, they lose their target on him quickly.

Once the Harrower is dead the True Harrower comes up
with the Tentacles of the Harrower(2) surrounding him.
You can not start killing the True Harrower untill all the
Tentacles are dead.

Once the Tentacles are dead then you start on the True
Harrower(3), if there is a tentacle anywhere near him still
alive he will continue to leech life from the tentacle and
you will fight and die for nothing.

Oh and he drops bunches and bunches of gold, so if you dont get
lucky and get a scroll there is always gold laying around to
be picked up.:mf_prop:

G

GirlPower

Good point Satria, there is a ton of gold that drops. Maybe people can have some packies or a beetle on a pet ball to summon after its over. If you dont have any bonded yet, theres time to do that.
In case anyone doesn't know how it works, someone who is a knight of justice can offer you protection and as you get a scroll they will also. If groups know who they will be attending with, pick someone ahead of time who is knight to be your protector. A knight can protect as many people as they need to, and cannot hit the harrower. A red player also cannot hit. Both will result in scrolls lost. People hitting it can only have one protector. If a knight offers protection you can accept or decline, it will say the name of who is offering. If you select no thanks, that knight cannot offer protection to anyone for 15 minutes, so make sure this is all ironed out beforehand. Our guild for example, picks a protector before anyone hits champs then all scrolls are turned into our protector when it dies and then we all roll dice or use a lucky dealer to see who gets what. Theres many ways to do it just pick what best fits your group =) Its a great idea for the protector to have hiding and stealth to get all the scrolls out safely. We wont know if there are any thieves close by so keep watch for that as the scrolls are cursed and able to be stolen or looted. Some of us will have trackers/detectors there to try and deter this though. If we do find an obvious thief that is trying to steal scrolls, they will be killed. I know its part of the game but not fair to the people who put in the hard work of killing the boss and will be considered griefing. If you need template advice or help in any way as to not bring your thief char, pls let us know. Anyone who needs justice let us know, theres a bunch of icq#'s in these posts or on the contact info, or even pm people who have reds for your justice gains. It can be gained once ever 7-10 minutes im not sure of the exact amount but it can be the same red each time. Im sure theres more info on stratics and uo.com. :)

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya know, I feel like such a newbie asking this, but does the Harrower have a specific weakness? Like Cold, Energy, etc?

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you! Hrmm, I may need to suck up the multiple death warrant and bring one of my mages. Mara's got an all 70s, 100 lrc, 40 lmc, 8 mr suit. But she's only a pure mage. Valandra is built to deal damage with over 110 SDI with her spells on and is a Necro/Mage/Weaver, but because her suit is very skill intensive, she has almost all 50s resists.

I think I'll go with Val, I'd rather lose some insurance if it means helping to take it down faster

A

Ashlen

I think that would be your best bet Calina
with Mara doing that much damage and having that much SDI
you will get your best hits in. You will get pulled in and blown up
no matter what your resist are on your suit so like you said you
are willing to suck it up and take one for the team.

And it is like a grey wolf said, if the turn out is like the ones they
have done in the past there will be enough people there that the
True Harrower will go down fast so your death toll wont be as
painfully
But more damage output is better in the long run for you and the ones
your teamed up with.