• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Happy New Year from TC3

G

Had a surprise New Year Party tonight at the Community Party House in TC3, by surprise I mean "Surprise I'm having a party!"

Everyone wanted to say:

I

imported_debslee

Awesome party Niki - good to be there with you all. If you werent there, you missed out!

Happy New Year to all my sim friends. Hope your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small!

Astrid/Marcelle

O

oXTheSicknessXo

Yeah thats me in the bottom left in the blue newbie shorts :p lmaoo! Just wanted to point that out <3 Great night
Loved it!! Enjoy 2008 everyone

B

BellaofCats

Happy New Year everyone! May this year bring blessings, prosperity, love and happiness to you all!!

Bella

L

lisjacase1

Sounds like an awesome time! Wish we could have been there...but we were having one of our own at Bot Factory University...great time had by all
Happy New Year 08. Heres to another fabulous TSO year

Love
HotChic

G

GRINCH II

why couldnt this be put in the tc3 thread instead of the city hall thread? why are so many tc3 threads being put in the city hall thread, if we were talking about any other city they would be moved to their respected city thread. what makes tc3 so special to be different?

G

Dont be a grinch just cuz you werent in the picture.

Seriously tho I put it here because events held at the community party house are stratics sponsored and the house was built by the whole community. Not to mention its a new years greeting for the whole community, if anyone would like to add a screenie from their party to the thread they are more then welcome to!

G

GRINCH II

this is a tc3 party, not a whole game party. what about those who dont play in tc3. I still say this thread belongs in the tc3 threads not the city hall threads. If people really wanted they can read this there.

R

RZH of DG

Please Grinch, stop derailing the thread. If you think it's against the rules, report it already! Otherwise...

I'm sad I missed the party Niki! Did you do the whole new years countdown and everything in the chat, or did you guys crash early? I missed it this year, but there's always next year, right?

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

this is a tc3 party, not a whole game party. what about those who dont play in tc3. I still say this thread belongs in the tc3 threads not the city hall threads. If people really wanted they can read this there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear ya, Grinchy. I've had many of my own and friend's threads moved from this forum because the mods wouldn't tolerate posts about Test Center (the original) being here. It was frustrating when we wanted the community at large to know about a person, place or occurance in Test Center. I think more people read this forum than the individual city ones.

Maybe it is good the rules have changed. In many ways the City Hall HAS been the TC3 forum for a long time now.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

Seriously tho I put it here because events held at the community party house are Stratics sponsored and the house was built by the whole community. Not to mention its a new years greeting for the whole community, if anyone would like to add a screenie from their party to the thread they are more then welcome to!

[/ QUOTE ]

The "community party house" is Stratics sponsored? How does one get "Stratics sponsored?"

And what do you mean it was built by the "whole community"? I play in TC3 and I didn't hear about it. Does everyone have build priveleges?

Not meaning to sound like a Grinch, I am honestly curious as to what you meant.

The party looks like it was a lot of fun. Here's to more fun in the coming year, for everyone!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Seriously tho I put it here because events held at the community party house are Stratics sponsored and the house was built by the whole community. Not to mention its a new years greeting for the whole community, if anyone would like to add a screenie from their party to the thread they are more then welcome to!

[/ QUOTE ]

The "community party house" is Stratics sponsored? How does one get "Stratics sponsored?"

And what do you mean it was built by the "whole community"? I play in TC3 and I didn't hear about it. Does everyone have build priveleges?

The party looks like it was a lot of fun. Here's to more fun in the coming year, for everyone!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry if I was unclear in my previous threads about the party house. I asked in staff if events held there could be stratics sponsored and they agreed. I asked the community for donations to build the house. The generosity was overwhelming. We collected somewhere between 300-500k in cash and items which I'm sure we all agree is not an easy task in TC3. Thats why we named it the Community Party House. We will be building a new event house in EA Land and again we will be asking for donations, I'm sure the community will help out then too. So if you didnt get a chance in TC3 never fear the fun will live on in EA Land.

Looks like the next party will be a Valentines Ball so practice your dance steps and take your gowns to the cleaners.

Now back on topic, I really had a great time last night I sure hope everyone else did too. We did the big countdown and happy new year for each time zone.
We played with Rizzos maze a few times, gotta tell you Rizzo makes the most amazing mazes, and we danced the night away! See you all next time and thanks for coming to the various events at the party house, the participation of the community means alot to me.

I

imported_Cherri Bear

Happy New Year Niki and everysim!!!

The partiers look awesome in the pic

I hope you all have a wonderful, blessed and prosperous New Year.

(,,,,,) 2008 (,,,,,)

~ Cherri Bear

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry if I was unclear in my previous threads about the party house. I asked in staff if events held there could be stratics sponsored and they agreed. I asked the community for donations to build the house. The generosity was overwhelming. We collected somewhere between 300-500k in cash and items which I'm sure we all agree is not an easy task in TC3. Thats why we named it the Community Party House. We will be building a new event house in EA Land and again we will be asking for donations, I'm sure the community will help out then too. So if you didnt get a chance in TC3 never fear the fun will live on in EA Land.

Looks like the next party will be a Valentines Ball so practice your dance steps and take your gowns to the cleaners.

Now back on topic, I really had a great time last night I sure hope everyone else did too. We did the big countdown and happy new year for each time zone.
We played with Rizzos maze a few times, gotta tell you Rizzo makes the most amazing mazes, and we danced the night away! See you all next time and thanks for coming to the various events at the party house, the participation of the community means alot to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, call me Grinch. I appreciate the explanation, but I think the other Grinch is correct. If this is a house operated and built in TC3, which is a city in it's own right, then this thread really belongs in the TC3 forum.

NB: I'm highly in favor of more activities such as your party. There is a big void in the game that needs fun to fill it. I've been chatting with other players in game about how, especially in TC3, everyone is dedicated to skilling or making money and have little interest in spending time on anything that is purely recreational. Community is encouraged by group celebrations.

That said, rules are rules. It creates bad feelings when the rules are arbitrary, and can look like mods can get away with things that the rest of us mere mortals could not. In the future can the rest of us can post our TC3 celebratory news here in City Hall without fear of being chastised and/or having our posts moved?

A case can be made that ALL celebrations in the game are community celebrations. Why would one house be community and the rest not? Does that not take away from the game as a whole?

I still don't get what "Stratics sponsored" means. Does that mean players in BF or AV can ask the staff for approval to have a community house in their town that will be for everyone? And, what would that do? I am unclear what Stratics has to do with properties inside the game.

What is the process for other players to get Stratics sponsorship for game activities?

Is there a limit to the number of "community" houses that Stratics will sponsor? Since at most 35 players could participate in a single house at one time, one house seems woefully inadequate.

G

Sigh Dali, am I to be your cause of the week?

Stratics promotes game activities and has for years, just to name a few...the house that stratics built was in several cities, the light up the city event, Towelie used to have a bunch of them, as well as various contests, such as the Johnny Lace design contest. All of them were posted in CH. By Stratics promoting an in game event the event also promotes Stratics. I'm sure that anyone is welcome to contact a mod if they have an event they would like stratics to promote.

We havent had too much trouble with visitor limits if we ever do I'll open up another house and if that became a common issue I would build a 2nd party house. Would that work for you?

I welcome anyone else who had a New Years party in their city to post a picture for us in this thread, I personally would love to see how everyone celebrated the holiday.

This is just a little fun thread to wish everyone a happy new year, I hope we can agree that with as much bashing and gnashing of teeth that happens in CH that occasionally its nice to have a thread without those things. Maybe we need a thread devoted to what the rules should be in CH, I'll leave that to you Dali.

G

The way I interpreted this thread was to be a happy new year to all of you/us from TC3. Is it really so slow on stratics that we have nothing else to troll? Honestly?

Happy New Year Everyone!

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

Sigh Dali, am I to be your cause of the week?

Stratics promotes game activities and has for years, just to name a few...the house that stratics built was in several cities, the light up the city event, Towelie used to have a bunch of them, as well as various contests, such as the Johnny Lace design contest. All of them were posted in CH. By Stratics promoting an in game event the event also promotes Stratics. I'm sure that anyone is welcome to contact a mod if they have an event they would like stratics to promote.

We havent had too much trouble with visitor limits if we ever do I'll open up another house and if that became a common issue I would build a 2nd party house. Would that work for you?

I welcome anyone else who had a New Years party in their city to post a picture for us in this thread, I personally would love to see how everyone celebrated the holiday.

This is just a little fun thread to wish everyone a happy new year, I hope we can agree that with as much bashing and gnashing of teeth that happens in CH that occasionally its nice to have a thread without those things. Maybe we need a thread devoted to what the rules should be in CH, I'll leave that to you Dali.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you be my "cause of the week?" What sort of comment is that to make to another member of your community? You are the mod, you are the one endowed with the responsibility to oversee that threads are germane to the forum, not me.

I am pointing out valid issues. That you choose to brush off the issue says alot. And it says volumes that you feel it necessary to paint me as a person who is a crank for asking questions.

The Community House in TC3 says "This house is owned by everyone who lives in it" and has a roster of roomies. It does not carry a Stratics logo or anything else to identify it as Stratics or EA owned.

Several times other players and I had our threads about events or people in TC removed from this forum, even when we clarified that we were putting the threads in CH in order to let people in other cities who had attended, or would be interested, see the thread. We were told that we had to keep the threads in TC. *shrugs* If Towelie and others from other cities posted here, then I guess the rules are arbitrary, indeed.

If that is the message you think needs to be sent, that mods and other select people can have different rules, that is your cause, not mine.

G

Good grief. So much bickering. It's a community house, located in TC3. The title of this thread says, *clears throat*

"Happy New Year from TC3"

You are seriously arguing over where it should be located Dali??

Nevermind, it's not worth my time.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!

from tc3

I

imported_julilyn

Looks to me like the post was made for everyone in general and no particular town and in the scheme of things does it really matter?

It's a new Years greeting for Wills sake.

I thought it was very thoughtful

G

<blockquote><hr>

why couldnt this be put in the tc3 thread instead of the city hall thread? why are so many tc3 threads being put in the city hall thread, if we were talking about any other city they would be moved to their respected city thread. what makes tc3 so special to be different?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because this is a thread wishing ALL of the cities and posters etc. a happy New Year FROM Test Center 3. It would not make sense posting this in the Test Center 3 forums because then the post would be wishing Test center 3 a happy new year from test center 3. Now that doesn't make sense?

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Because this is a thread wishing ALL of the cities and posters etc. a happy New Year FROM Test Center 3. It would not make sense posting this in the Test Center 3 forums because then the post would be wishing Test center 3 a happy new year from test center 3. Now that doesn't make sense?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. It makes sense.

Actually, I am glad to see the rules for this forum changed. I have long thought that since most of us play multiple cities and have friends in multiple cities that this forum is ideal for threads like this one. It is just that in times past my submissions directed to "everyone" and/or "all cities" (eg, holiday wishes and a report on caroling in TC) and those posts of several of my fellow players, were removed from this forum and tossed back to Test Center, or whatever city was the home of the report.

Happy new year, and a toast to the new forum rules/toleration policy.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Tagging Last....

Hrmmmm. I don't know. Shouldn't holiday greetings be in How's Life? Do sims really know it's a new year? My sim only celebrates days of birth. I've never see a year anywhere.