• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Happy Eleventh Birthday, PaxLair

T

Terence Duff

Just a quick "Happy Birthday" to the oldest player-run community on Chesapeake, PaxLair!

D.Blackmoore

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye a hearty "Happy Anniversary" to the folks of Paxlair and its surrounding communities. Regretfully I was unable to attend the first two days of events but managed to join the crew in Paxlair last night for a great orcish night of events including the ice walk (which i actually won woot!) and some "clompin" as the mayor may call it inside the old Paxlair dueling arena. Big thanks for a great night of fun and hopefully eleven more years of community in Paxlair. Here's a couple screenies from the action last night.

Rikimaru_Vegeta

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there events going on all this week? If so could you post whats going on what day... I will pay a toll to Pax tonight and see what is going on.. does anyone know who of Pax is still around?

Morpheus Mardox

UO Chesapeake News Manager
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tonight will be the final evening of events, heres the schedule my apologies on this not being on our forums as I only found out last eve this was goin on.

PaxLair Statehood - January 15, 2009
The 11th Anniversary of PaxLair Celebration starts on January 16th and concludes on January 19th. PaxLair was founded on January 19, 1998 in a quiet meadow west of the crossroads of Yew, Minoc, and Britain and the Compassion Shrine on Felucca.
PaxLair, now a Statehood of three cities, continues to be a vibrant community of several races of beings like humans, elves, orcs, and savages. The three cities are PaxLair City (Felucca), Dragons Watch (Felucca), and PaxOku (Tokuno). PaxLair's tenets of Peace, Neutrality, and Role-playing continue to guide the community through the years.
Annually, PaxLair runs a celebration to honor people and ideas of the past, present, and future. This 11th Anniversary is no exception. Each city sponsors a day of the celebration to hold events.
The 11th PaxLair Anniversary Schedule is as follows.:
Friday, January 16 - Dragons Watch Day - (Gates are provided from the Skara Brae Bank, Trammel (near the bank))
9 PM ET - Darts, Archery, Vorpal Bunnies
12 AM ET midnight (Jan 17) - Event
Saturday, January 17 - PaxOku Day - (Proceed to the Homare-jima, Tokuno moongate and head NE up the road into PaxOku)
3 PM ET - City Play "Neo's Day Out in 1997" - new Yew Playhouse - gates from PaxOku Blue Light Tavern
7 PM ET - Crafters Hall Event (repairs, goods, conversation)
7 PM ET - Tour of PaxOku and Kijustsu Anei
8 PM ET - Capture PaxOku (alliance PVP for Capture the Flag type rules) - postponed
9:30 PM ET - Savage Hunt at Tokuno Champ Spawn
Sunday, January 18 - PaxLair City Day - (Gates are provided from the Skara Brae Bank, Trammel (near the bank))
7 PM ET - Event
8 PM ET - Event
Monday, January 19 - Statehood Day - (Gates are provided from the Skara Brae Bank, Trammel (near the bank))
7 PM ET - Dragons Watch Tour led by Mayor NANOC
9 PM ET - Anniversary Dinner prepared by Lenora - PaxLair City, Felucca
Statehood Speech by Governor Winfield
10 PM ET - Capture PaxOku (alliance PVP for Capture the Flag type rules)
Everyone is welcome at the PaxLair Anniversary!

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye happy birthday anniversary PaxLair..........of course come THIS APRIL I do hope I will not fall hook line and sinker for ye April Fool's day joke like I fell for it last year..................ya bout gave me cardiac arrests, as I raced to the city to mourn the loss of that twr and all the history of this shard... that was of course.........STILL STANDING. lol

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hate to rain on the parade but Paxlair was abandoned when tram came out. The shops have been empty and non one is ever around there anymore. The only building of the town still standing are the blessed ones.

T

Tancred RedStar

It's as "abandoned" as any place in UO because there are a lot fewer players these days. Sure there arent a dozen or so people all night every day, but then nowhere else is that way either except for friggin Luna. So many returning players come to Brit bank to find it deserted with that "last man on Earth" feeling that they think UO is completely dead.

Pax is still alive and has multiple locales throughout the realm. They rotate their events and meetings through each location, including Fel. Two nights ago for the 11th annviersary celebration it was teeming with people.

The fact they are celebrating 11 years, UO just a few months older in it's entirety, is a testament to Pax's enduring nature and spirit of community.

Sean

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Tancred!

Zippy your misinformed. PaxLair is very much alive and well. SO much so that King Casca even showed for dinner at PaxLair 11th Anniversary dinner.