• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Happy birthday Will Wright!

I

imported_julilyn

happy birthday....we have people working on your gift, but it's going to be late. We will keep you posted.

G

we have people working on your gift

Also, Will, which color do you like?

G

I wonder if he's happy with where TSO has gone? I'm fairly convinced that "no" would be the answer.

Happy birthday Will anyway, even though I've never met you. At least knowingly.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I wonder if he's happy with where TSO has gone? I'm fairly convinced that "no" would be the answer.

Happy birthday Will anyway, even though I've never met you. At least knowingly.

[/ QUOTE ] For once, I agree.

Happy Birthday!

He does have a facebook, people. I think he's real, anyway.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

On second thought, just look around your house, tell us something you already have, we'll make you a new one in a different color, and give it to you in 2009.

I

imported_Mavric

Milton made me laugh,

Happy Birthday Will, well maybe.

Mavric

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

On second thought, just look around your house, tell us something you already have, we'll make you a new one in a different color, and give it to you in 2009.

[/ QUOTE ]

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. Best laugh I've had all week!

I

imported_debslee

Just playing Devils Advocate here
...does Will still have anything to do with TSO and decision making on the game? I dont think so..I think if he did, I think there would be some amazing things happening (I stand to be corrected here) - Just seen his video on his new game "Spore" - the man is a genius!

I would have thought the above comment should be directed at the current developers when their birthdays come along...what say you?

G

Lee or Luc said in game (or possible here) that he was trying his best to ignore the progress being made in TSO.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Lee or Luc said in game (or possible here) that he was trying his best to ignore the progress being made in TSO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anybody got a link to show Will Wright said this, or even that Lee or Luc said WW said it? I have a hard time believing either one......that Will Wright would say something like this considering the interview statments I've read by him when asked how he feels about current projects all over The Sims franchise, including TSO, or that Lee or Luc would actually make a statement like that in front of players knowing the ramifications of making such a statement. I know I've never seen it said here in Stratics in the amount of time I have been posting.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Just playing Devils Advocate here
...does Will still have anything to do with TSO and decision making on the game? I dont think so..I think if he did, I think there would be some amazing things happening (I stand to be corrected here) - Just seen his video on his new game "Spore" - the man is a genius!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, he's definitely a genius....just to have created TSO to me. I do however think our current dev team, despite two years of totally being dead around here, is doing a great job even if it is slower than any of us would like. I challenge anybody here who criticize them to do better with the tools they have. It's easy to sit back and criticize.....much harder to get the schooling yourself and attempt to DO better, IMO!

<blockquote><hr>

I would have thought the above comment should be directed at the current developers when their birthdays come along...what say you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I say that was an ill-timed and ill-placed dig at the current plan for the anniversary gifts, I'm sure....another thing I really think people ought to get off their butts and try to do better at if they think they're so smart *sigh*.

I

imported_debslee

It was all said in jest - no need to get worked up about it *sigh*.

G

<blockquote><hr>

It was all said in jest - no need to get worked up about it *sigh*.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry....you'd be surprised how often similiar things are/have been said where the poster is totally serious about it......evidence of which is in just the first page of this forum
. Being the internet, jocularity is often hard to get across. Also, my comment wasn't directed as a dig at you so much as it was just my own personal opinion of how our current dev team is doing so far with the little bit they have to work with. No offense meant on my part, either

G

I"ll wish him a happy happy..
eventhough I doubt he has or ever will look at this site.
My guess he is such a busy man he doesnt have time for this stuff.
Im hoping he is working on Spore... cuz Will... Ive been waiting!

G

Thanks, Carrie the genius. Let me link you to the night in the pub where Lee said this. Bravo, Carrie! Bravo!

I

imported_LFancey

Saw Will just on Friday I think.. He stopped by the team to say hi.

Wished I would have rememberd to say happy birthday instead of just, "Hi Will good to see you again."

Lee

G

<blockquote><hr>

Saw Will just on Friday I think.. He stopped by the team to say hi.

Wished I would have rememberd to say happy birthday instead of just, "Hi Will good to see you again."

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

There goes an indirect squashing of the rumor that was started in this thred, that WW was trying to ignore the process in TSO. If that were true then I doubt he'd have stopped in to say hi to the dev team, unless somebody's gonna say that he stuck his thumb underneath one of his front teeth in the classic.....well, you know what it means if you can picture it......symbols.