• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Happy 16th Tang!

DeadBob

Ancient Alien
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Happy 16th Anniversary, Tang!

We were married ingame sixteen years ago. "Can you believe we're still together?" I asked on our walk this morning.
Your, "No!" made me smile.

Then you began reminiscing about that day. We were married in one of the first online, real-time, multi-player games, back in 1995. That was before the Internet games. Sierra's ImaginNation Network, or, INN, as we called it, was played over long distant phone lines. At $2 an hour, our phone bills were exceeded only by our passion for being with one another. The game was our courtship dance.

I found you in the entrance to the Volcano, where new players appeared. You played there with your friend, Master, the attorney from Reno who liked to teach new players, and you recruited new players for your guild, Forever Knights. Your character was Belit. You found me "funny, in an odd way" because my char, ROFL Times, published the ingame newspaper, consisting mostly of made up stories about real players. We became inseparable. I think we re-did every quest in the game together.

More people showed up for our wedding than the server could handle. OK, that was only, like, a hundred players, but that was a lot for back then. Members of our wedding party kept crashing, then couldn't get back in because others had filled up the server again. But this morning you remembered many of their characters' names and repeated stories about them. I thought, how much the game has stayed the same. People still meet, form relationships and play a fantasy game. Then, like now, there were marriages, guilds, hunts and quests. Only the graphics have changed, the technical parts that do not matter.

The only thing that matters is you. We met in a fantasy and you are still the girl I fantasize about. Thank you for sixteen years, my love.

- DeadBob

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm happy for you both, seeing how it works so well for some of you have been preventing me from going into heavy depression due to the highly unreal situation I live. Thank you for sharing your joy !

I hope it will last 16 more ! Is there going to be a celebration ?

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Congratulations to both of you. :)

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Congratulations and Best Wishes to you both!

I hope you enjoy many more years together!

R

Readydood

Congrats! You two have always been an active part of my UO banking/emergency rune book purchasing experience... Happy to have you!