• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Lumberjacking] HALP!!!

D

Danse

Ok..I am a GM lumberjack...I have terroized every tree I can get close enough too, and no Frostwood (I have Mel's hot pink axe too) and still no frost...any help here would be GREATLY appreciated....:)sad4:*dismounts from blue bug and BEGS!!!)

I

ianubisi

Ironically, I have plenty of Frostwood and absolutely no Bloodwood :)

D

Danse

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Well, maybe I do not choose the right place to cut. I have whacked almost every tree in Malas and Ilish...the trees tremble at my approach...still no Frost.

Time to scare the ones in Fel and Tram to death, heh?:eek:

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just repeat the same area over and over again and you should get some frostwood.

D

Danse

Thank you!!!

I FINALLY got a few logs...so I KNOW that they are not a figment of my imagination...but I will try that! :)

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Once you find some good trees just keep going back to them until it changes. Sometimes it will remain that type of wood for a long time and then sometimes I've only been able to get one or two trips in before it turns to something else.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
'Good' today means the quality of the wood. So probably blood-/frost- and heartwood is mostly rare. Since different woods have different effects on crafted items you usually dont need that many of those rare woods. (Except for donating them to the library or museum.)

B

BajaKurgan

'Good' today means the quality of the wood. So probably blood-/frost- and heartwood is mostly rare.
Since any tree can spawn any type of wood I was wondering more along the lines of what would be a "good tree" in terms of the amount of lumber produced?

I remember in the old days you could find a "good tree" and chop on it for 100's sometimes 1000's of logs.

Do these trees still exist today?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Since any tree can spawn any type of wood I was wondering more along the lines of what would be a "good tree" in terms of the amount of lumber produced?

I remember in the old days you could find a "good tree" and chop on it for 100's sometimes 1000's of logs.

there are still good trees that will produce a lot not sure about exact counts but way over normal still have to get them when they are spawning good wood I hit one tree near delucia and came away with almost 400 frost wood couple weeks back I have not been back as i stoned the lumberjack skill

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
'Good' today means the quality of the wood. So probably blood-/frost- and heartwood is mostly rare.

Yeah, I have a book of "40+ choppers", trees I can hit at least 40 times in a row. They are all jungle trees (some jungle trees you can't chop, but those you can give lots of wood it seems).