• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Halo 4 blow-out: say hello to the Rail Gun, goodbye to Dual Wielding

N

Noles

343 Industries has pulled a little more tarpaulin off Halo 4′s gameplay, revealing a brand new gun and some interesting tweaks.
The gun in question is the Rail Gun, or as it’s formally known the Asymmetric Recoilless Carbine-920. As detailed on Game Informer, it’s “a compact-channel linear accelerator that fires a high-explosive round at incredible speed, delivering both kinetic and explosive force to both hard and soft targets alike”. Short version: looks like death, hits harder than Zeus, will make your mother cry.

The Rail Gun joins the Designated Marksman Rifle, Assault Rifle, Battle Rifle and Sniper Rifle among other returning weapons. We doubt it’s the only new toy you’ll be playing with.

In a GI podcast, creative director Josh Holmes also shed a little more light on 343′s decision to add a progressive unlocks system, a la Call of Duty. Don’t worry – if your personal custom loadout proves woefully inadequate to the challenges ahead, you’ll still be able to pick up weapons on the map.
343 has toiled mightily to ensure that there’s no game-breaking loadout. Dual Wielding has been cut to avoid the sort of mammoth DPS overkill that afflicts Modern Warfare 3. My curse upon thee, akimbo FMG9 players. On the battlefields of Requiem, I will have my vengeance.
Here are 11 things you need to know about Halo 4, including story and setting info.

source: http://www.oxm.co.uk/

Continue reading...