• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

HALLOWEEN

I

Infiniti

Are we going to have trick or treating this year? I hope so.:D

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would be nice to get one of the costume robes from test several years ago on production shards.. one per account would be fine even I think.

L

Lore Master

Are we going to have trick or treating this year? I hope so.:D
i hope so too in my opinion i think they should give us Halloween decorated deeded and non deeded items like spider webs, vampire bats, coffins, jack-o-lanterns, mummies, ghost, werewolves
, vampires, blood stains, body parts, scare crows etc etc . heck we get Christmas deeded and non deeded items as gifts so why not some Halloween gifts too?

M

Moonstar

spider webs and some other decoratiosn would be awesome for a halloween gift .

If they wont gift box it.. it would be cool to have a chance of getting one through trick or treating

F

Finch

i hope so too in my opinion i think they should give us Halloween decorated deeded and non deeded items like spider webs, vampire bats, coffins, jack-o-lanterns, mummies, ghost, werewolves
, vampires, blood stains, body parts, scare crows etc etc . heck we get Christmas deeded and non deeded items as gifts so why not some Halloween gifts too?
how about some tombstones too. I have always wanted to do a graveyard in the front yard, tombstones would be awesome. Tried using fragmented soulstones, but the color just throws them off.

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how about some tombstones too. I have always wanted to do a graveyard in the front yard, tombstones would be awesome. Tried using fragmented soulstones, but the color just throws them off.
You can already get Tombstones. Do some Monstrous interred Grizzle runs.

R

RenaLynne

Spider webs, candy corn, the lil candy pumpkins...maybe a lil bat statue? Although rare collectors will hate that spider web idea.:coco: Hope they do something fun, love Halloween.

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would love spider webs, and maybe a new chocolate candy we can make with our chefs.

Keep the great ideas coming maybe they will consider doing some of them. :D

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have one of the rare spider webs and would love to see more of them for deco!! I also agree, I want to do trick or treating again!! It's a blast!! My girls get on and rack up the candy lol. My Beggar GM'd during last years celebration. Maybe I should start another....hmm maybe not.

Ori

R

RenaLynne

why? i think there are more graphic designs then just that one they only have to use another one ^^ and rare collectors will love it ;)
No objection here. I just remember when the nest with eggs came out for spring cleaning and the threads that were filled with complaints on the rares forum. "Shrugs" ...youve got my vote.:)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I would totally love spiderwebs... as well as some other goodies. Like a mini spider... would love to have a spider statue...

And I totally hope we get more begging!..... trick or treating!... Things I totally look forward to now!

A

Azureal

Having missed previous few years Halloween festivities in UO, I can remember at one stage there was a shard opened up that was entirely Halloween/spooky based.

Living in Australia I didnt get to enjoy it overly, as the lag was terrible, has it been something like this in the last few years?

Im only reading positive replies, so it seems it was pretty popular.

A

Amathist of PoC

maybe over run a town with spookiness and stuff as well....its all fun I love in game events so bring on the halloween one.

K

Katlene

A cloak of disguise. When put on will randomly turn you into a monster of any variety until taken off

F

Finch

You can already get Tombstones. Do some Monstrous interred Grizzle runs.
guess I have been living in a cave. Didn't know you could get those that way. I'll have to give it a go, what is the best char. to use?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes you can but only a select few!.... There are MANY more tombstones that you CAN'T get from Grizzled.

F

Flora Green

I would love to see some of these items added for all of us to use. I found this pic from several years ago. I *think* it was for possible vet rewards at one time. Course we've gotten (or are getting in the case of the cacti) a few of these. Wouldn't it be great to have the webs in the top of the pic?

kittykat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Having missed previous few years Halloween festivities in UO, I can remember at one stage there was a shard opened up that was entirely Halloween/spooky based.

Living in Australia I didnt get to enjoy it overly, as the lag was terrible, has it been something like this in the last few years?

The production shard version has had a lot of what was originally on that shard.

There is trick or treating like everyone talks about. You get to go around begging to NPCs and they either give you candy, a rare item (last year it was food items), or play tricks on you (such as turning you into a monster, making you ooze blood as you walk, getting hit with like every sound effect in game as you walk (that's a riot and a half lol), or killing you).

Pumpkins spawn in the fields throughout the lands - the first year they spawned with developers names on them. Last year, when you picked them up, they would have your name on them (and have the chance to turn a rare black color after being picked up).

There is also some combat content I believe - I didn't play that part last year so can't comment on it overly much, except to say the first year it was out, it was spawns in the graveyard (vesper I guess, not sure about the others), that sort of acted like a champ spawn - and at that time you could get cool items off the spawn (like these black or orange lanterns, or black or orange ghoul statues).

Think that's all that came to production shards as I recall - overall it was/is a really really fun time of year.

(and let me vote that yeah, I'd love if we'd get some cute/creepy deco items through trick or treating)

I

Infiniti

I would love to see some of these items added for all of us to use. I found this pic from several years ago. I *think* it was for possible vet rewards at one time. Course we've gotten (or are getting in the case of the cacti) a few of these. Wouldn't it be great to have the webs in the top of the pic?

Great Pic Flora. Really shows the haunted house look with those spiderwebs!

Kingshore Dad

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i´d love to see some new skeletons. like sitting in a chiar with an arrow in its chest or a sword stuck from behind, maybe a little skull with an axe in it? or something? :love:

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

ya might be referring to the Shard of the Dead? looked kinda like fun, but I got touched by one of the undead things and couldn't seem to stay alive after that, it just drained my health away :D

trick-or-treating was the best, even when you got blown up, and all the little treats were just outstanding..

M

Mr Fix It

love this idea if we get christmas gidts why not halloween gifts too?

R

RenaLynne

I think we will have Trick or Treat, we have had it for the past 2 years. "Crosses fingers"

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ya might be referring to the Shard of the Dead? looked kinda like fun, but I got touched by one of the undead things and couldn't seem to stay alive after that, it just drained my health away :D

trick-or-treating was the best, even when you got blown up, and all the little treats were just outstanding..

I would much rather they do stuff on our own shards. I only went to the shard of the dead twice.

I hope they change what we get from trick or treating this year. If I remember right we had to complain last year before they did.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well we could always start by giving them ideas...... Such as we could always get colored corn. ..... Pixie sticks... and green apples....

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pixie Sticks!:thumbsup: and candy corn plzzz:D
What they will do is rehue and rename an item for these so we need to look around and see what the best item would be to use for candy corn and pixie sticks.

I wouldn't want it to be pig iron renamed for the pixie sticks.

S

Sheridan

What they will do is rehue and rename an item for these so we need to look around and see what the best item would be to use for candy corn and pixie sticks.

I wouldn't want it to be pig iron renamed for the pixie sticks.
The small wedges of cheese hued orange would work for the candy corn.

K

Kratos Aurion

/signed for costumes!

I wouldn't mind getting a rehued undyable gm robe or even labled costume sets =p

EDIT:

even a better idea.. Make us trick or treat for costume set pieces (vampire, samurai, ninja, pirate etc) :D

A

Amathist of PoC

What about

1) A jack o lantern the same size as say a cauldron with an engraved face and it can actually light up like a lantern.

2) A vampire cloak with up turned colour maybe red lining and black back.

3) A mummy or skeleton statue

4) Another undead invasion with rewards or costume pieces as loot on the monsters.

And the spiders webs are an awesome idea as well they add to the whole creepy feel.

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What about

1) A jack o lantern the same size as say a cauldron with an engraved face and it can actually light up like a lantern.

2) A vampire cloak with up turned colour maybe red lining and black back.

3) A mummy or skeleton statue

4) Another undead invasion with rewards or costume pieces as loot on the monsters.

And the spiders webs are an awesome idea as well they add to the whole creepy feel.

must have...vamp cloak...

Siabra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I loved halloween last year that was sooooooooo much fun - rotfl even dying wasn't so bad :p

I

Infiniti

I was thinking about Halloween at work today and what I think would be cool to add this year is having our exploded body parts named ( Infiniti's arm, etc.) and be able to pick them up. That would make an awesome house deco. :D

yanaki2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
old body parts used to be named, it would be nice, but a few people who consider them rare might get upset...

Littleblue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think they removed the body parts due to the Teen Rating.

I really wish we would get back to the M rating.

A

Amathist of PoC

Perhaps Magencia could be haunted and to get it back to its rightful state we have to kill off all the undead.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Perhaps Magencia could be haunted and to get it back to its rightful state we have to kill off all the undead.
NOW THAT is the best Idea I've heard so far!!!! (Save the spiders and spider webs!)... Anyway I'd love to be able to "Save" or rebuild Magincia...