• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Event Halloween Fun (Wednesday 31st)

EM Adris

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
When? Wednesday 31st October at 8:30pm UK Time
Where? Meet at EM Hall in Britain

Dupre invites you all to dress up, especially spooky!, to go trick or treating with him on October 31st.. Halloween! Meet him at the slightly later time of 8:30pm UK time at the EM Hall.

Remember a costume and the later than usual time! Also be prepared to fight, who knows what we might disturb.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doh, even later than usual .. not so good for us continentals ... ah well, next Halloween ...

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm.. is it half hour before or after usual time?

Already winter time :sad2: so is it half hour or hour plus half hour after usual time?

Last edited:

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
9:30 for me - and a holiday day on the 1st of November - and a char on Europa - now WHAT can hold me up from beeing there! Wohoo Europa here i come!

Amantala EA

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for hosting this event at the slightly later time, means we can get the auction finished :)

Last edited:

The Mule

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I couldnt make it, what items were handed out and how do I get mine. Is there going to be another opportunity to get (item) Its so unfair they run events when Im at work and cant get (item).

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I couldnt make it, what items were handed out and how do I get mine. Is there going to be another opportunity to get (item) Its so unfair they run events when Im at work and cant get (item).
Really?

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Yes the Event was very cool txs for this!
You can watch 33 Mins of it txs to Petra streaming and saving it - here: uostratics - Untitled Broadcast

Concerning Items droped, i dont know the exact numbers so i estimate 15-20 pieces have been droped of this, and i was lucky to get one and am very happy - i dont know if other items droped too:

A Ghostly Item.jpg

Its kinda a different hued and named chair in a ghost and i was told it makes crazy sounds when locked down etc.. (but cant confirm because i got no house heeh)

Looking forward to the next great event!

Last edited:

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Great event, thanks Emile and Adris :)

Yup, the chair makes a noise when you double click it and walk near it.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry I had to cut out before the end :( Unexpected visitors RL.

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
nothing to be sorry Petra we had an end fight with some monsters and got gated out to the hall and that
wss it:)

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do you target the monsters? I tried the Ctrl Shift method with not much luck due to all the players and corpses, did not even recognize what the crowd was battling for. And finally I had difficulties to loot due to all the player corpses on the same spot as the monsters, giving me constantly "You may not loot this corpse" messages.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice Petra ...looked like a nice event....... :next:

Last edited:

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
i was on my tamer and had my gd guarding me, got attacked was lucky to escape and invis ran back and healed what lag let me heal...wasnt able to target too...the drop was in my pack...wasnt easy at all with like 50 peeps in that little dungeon lol
thank god i have great ping to europa as central european :D

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i was on my tamer and had my gd guarding me, got attacked was lucky to escape and invis ran back and healed what lag let me heal...wasnt able to target too...the drop was in my pack...wasnt easy at all with like 50 peeps in that little dungeon lol
thank god i have great ping to europa as central european :D
to be fair i must live in some real outback of england....because as soon as the events start i lag like hell.. to the point were i can hardly move..then i simply crash... when i relog its over..........i aint got time for this and i live in th middle of the uk...crazy when usa players ...........1000s of miles away from the server.....seem to play seamless...........whatever [:next:]

Last edited:

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
THP, i am Central European, and also located there...not in the US..i just play on Pacific..and Europa ;)

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's because UO doesn't like you THP and everything it does is to displease you :p

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[whatever]
It's because UO doesn't like you THP and everything it does is to displease you :p
More thinking its our good Lord that punishes me so........whatever Trevor !! :next:

Last edited:

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pfft, you people don't know what suffering is; I MISPLACED A COW during the event, only 4 of them got through the first gate, and then they all got killed by trying to tickle a monster because the EMs insist on reusing Putrifiers and their mass Poison... It was a national tragedy!

But which brings me to the more serious point, purging off the poison, as well as resurrecting, doesn't seem to be part of the Healing reward table which is a shame. I've tried to continue the tradition of the SRC in supporting events, as well as getting into the fun of dressing up for Halloween as part of a herd of cows, but I found it just worked against my own interests once more. I didn't even see most of the content once it went into an instance, and staying safe at the back to resurrect you all made it worse. I really don't want to be just another tamer toting a dragon around, but that chair was a really nice (and likely hellishly expensive) item it would have been lovely to have had as a memento. A lot of us were under the impression there would be an actual Costume Contest, which would have fit the theme much better... have fighting as well for those who'd turned up late too perhaps, but really I'd prefer to see a focus on more creative, individual levels of experience than just another CTRL-TAB-AVOID-THE-SUMMONS session. The Royal Investigator process, although not for everyone, is a good example of the kind of gameplay that should also be encouraged...

Still though; THEY KILLED MY COWS. That's what you should be concerned with. However in fantastic news; OLD DESPISE HAS BEEN MOVED TO HAVEN ON TEST CENTRE. So I can continue training the Moo Moo Crew up again in a newbie dungeon soon!

Last edited:

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I can continue training the Moo Moo Crew up again in a newbie dungeon soon!
Does that mean I have to start training my gang of squirrels again? Has anybody else ever tried to keep 5 squirrels under control when they get into some kind of blood-lust fighting a troll? It's not pretty ....