• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

halloween deco compition - idea?

F

feath

i chose halloween because its the closest holidays coming up - if it goes off well, maybe we can have a thanksgiving (for the americans), and christmas one as well?

here's the idea.

Say, from sep 1-sep 30th, everyone creates NEW halloween decorations. no bats, witches, ect - nothing thats been done before....or perhaps, created in different aspects.

on oct 1st, everyone posts a screen shot of their new deco.

everyone in the community votes for the 'best', as they see it. or perhaps 3 rounds - top 10, then top 5, then top 3.

prizes will be given out to the top 3 winning ideas, and ALL the ideas can go into a holiday sticky, for future deco'ing ideas.

what do you think?

sligachan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey thats a great idea :danceb:

However i think that maybe yourself and Sarsmi and a few others should only be able to use youghurt cartons, empty coke cans, toilet rolls and loose string in your constructions to make it a level playing field :D

F

feath

However i think that maybe yourself and Sarsmi and a few others should only be able to use youghurt cartons, empty coke cans, toilet rolls and loose string in your constructions to make it a level playing field :D
be careful what you wish for! Coke cans and loose string!? :heart: can you imagine what sarsmi could do with that?

sligachan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, revised it to only Easter Island Statues and Phillips wooden steeds :D

F

feath

Ok, revised it to only Easter Island Statues and Phillips wooden steeds :D

...hum... you know, i could do something with that.... but not for halloween heh.

what i'd give for an egg crate!

and sarsmi's sneeky. give her a deco tool, enough time and enough junk and she could make anything.

A

Amathist of PoC

SOUNDS awesome to me let us know if its a go ahead as I have a guild with a few keen decorators who I know would love to compete.

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
She's like the MacGyver of decorating, huh?
While we are on the Halloween theme, I'd say she is closer to what would result if MacGyver's DNA got crossed with Martha Stewart's in those defective teleportation thingies in The Fly...just plain scary. :D

-Skylark

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
She's like the MacGyver of decorating, huh?
While we are on the Halloween theme, I'd say she is closer to what would result if MacGyver's DNA got crossed with Martha Stewart's in those defective teleportation thingies in The Fly...just plain scary. :D

-Skylark
I don't think I'm quite the martinet that martha stewart is. But I'm definitely secksey like richard dean anderson *swoon*. :p

A

Ashyn

But...if the top Winner is on Pac....I volunteer to donate a gift there!

*Rummages thru her stuff to find something suitable*

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, sounds fun. I'd give it a go if it happens, even though I'm almost positive I'd lose. But at least it would keep my mind off rebuilding my house for about a month :D

A

Amathist of PoC

So is it happening is someone hosting and organizing is they is they is they??????

F

feath

Sounds like there's enough interest to me - so, yes, this is a go! whoot! it'll be so much fun! :danceb:

i'll set up some basic rules today, and post them.

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think I'm quite the martinet that martha stewart is. But I'm definitely secksey like richard dean anderson *swoon*. :p
LOL...no worries, I was referring to her decorative abilities & precision only, which are likely lurking in her genes...not her uh...charming...personality. :D

-Skylark

A

Amathist of PoC

Sounds like there's enough interest to me - so, yes, this is a go! whoot! it'll be so much fun! :danceb:

i'll set up some basic rules today, and post them.
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: